Monday, August 28, 2006

The Devil Wears Denim

My sweet little Devil Child had her birthday on Friday, and we celebrated with a family party on Saturday night. Nothing big, she's just two. We decided to have the "real" birthday parties at three and five. But she was spoiled just the same, and we all had a blast.





Here she is in her new outfit from Grandma and Grandpa. They sure know how to make her look cute!













Everyone enjoyed the pink cake (especially the girls)!















Here are a couple of her fav's. She's sporting her new dress up ballerina skirt holding a Hello Kitty ball (she LOVES balls!) while seated on her Dora tricycle in front of her new playhouse. The girls spent the whole day playing in that playhouse. And at only $7, that was probably the best gift I bought! Love that Target clearance!!!















It was a great party, but we all know how it goes ... they'll cry if they want to. And boy, did she. The Dora trike was a bit of a hit! Everyone wanted a turn, and she just wasn't havin' it.




One last gift that deserves a special mention: The armband.



She has developed a little fettish, I guess I'll call it, for armbands. For Mother's Day this year The Man gave me an Ipod mini so I could listen to my music when I'm at the gym. So I got myself a little pink armband, and I use it all the time. After about a week of using it, I noticed that my Devil Child had found a little pink wristband that Miss Priss got when she got her new helmet and pads for her bike. The wristbands were never worn, so Devil Child decided they were now hers. But she only wore one, and she wore it up high on her arm. It took me a couple of days to realize she was wearing it like I wore my armband. And she has continued to put that thing on, day in and day out, for months now. I've tried to hide them, but she seeks them out. I got rid of them, and she would find a large ponytail holder and use that instead. We laughed about it because she likes to wear them out in public, which, of course, I DON'T like.

So my sister decided it would be a great idea to get her a couple new armbands of her very own. Great. Now I'll never get the things off of her. Thanks a million.

4 comments:

Karen said...

Looks like a great party. Grandma and Grandpa Dunn are lucky to live so close to enjoy these times! Be careful! You're seeing how these little people copy you! It's kind of shocking to see yourself in your children! Glad she had such a good time.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Emma. She is really 2? It doesn't seem like she should be that old. I guess it really is time for another one. Sounds like you had quite the celebration!

Shawna said...

Wow, 2 years old. Looks like you guys had a great time and Emma got everything she wanted.

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday Emma!!! We are sorry we didn't call, I thought about it on her birthday, but Glenn wasn't home to make the call with me. By the time he did get home- you guessed it- I had forgotten! Sorry girl! We love you all the same and wish you hours of fun with your armbands and bike. We still can't wait to come and see your new place. When we do- we'll party in your Dora house- okay Emma?