
Tonight Miss Priss decided to play a little game with me. She started asking, out of the clear blue, "Mom, guess what I'm thinking."
"I don't know, honey. How could I know what you're thinking? It could be anything."
"But you have to guess, Mom. Just guess."
"No." (Yes, for those of you wondering, I'm that nice.)
"You're supposed to say people. Just say people."
"People."
"Yep! Guess what I'm thinking now, Mom."
"Um, flowers."
"Yep! Guess what I'm thinking now."
And on and on it went, for about 10 to 15 rounds, until my guesses turned into blankets and bedtime and sleeping. Then her answers were, "No way!"
A silly game, maybe even an annoying game, but for some reason it took me back to a time when my brothers and sisters played a similar game every time we had a particular item at the dinner table. Tater tots. We would place a tot in the palm of our hand and then ask someone at the table, "Is it flat or not?"
If the person answered no, we would immediately smash it flat with our other hand and scream, "Wrong!" On the other hand, if the person answered yes, we would again scream, "Wrong!" and proceed to pop it into our mouths and eat it just the way it was. I don't ever remember any of us letting someone be right. Why we continuously played the mind-reading tater tot game, on numerous occasions, is beyond me.
As the memory flashed through my mind in a matter of mere seconds, I laughed a little thinking of how lame that was. And I thought of how annoying this game Miss Priss was playing with me was. And how my mom must have thought we were not only annoying, but completely retarded.
And then, with a smile on my face, I hear Miss Priss asking again. So I turn to her and say, "Ice cream!"
"Yep!"
6 comments:
I'd have to agree with you about it being a stupid game. But hey I bet your mom was at least glad you were entertaining yourselves instead of bugging her! Miss Priss seems like a lot of fun.
Kids are so cute.
That tator tot game does sound pretty lame... but it's a nice memory. haha
We used to play this stupid game called "Duck". We used to all share a room and if you were fast enough to catch the others arm then the arm would be the duck (the fingers forming a beak) and you would pretend to eat the duck while the person's who arm you had would quack and wail! It was awesome....you're right, Retarded. ahh, good memories.
I, on the other hand, having grown up with 5 brothers, never played a single retarded game in my entire childhood.
:)
That reminds me of all the lame things I used to do with my brothers and sisters. Ah, the idiocy! We thought we were hilarious, and even when I think about it now, I laugh out loud. Good times.
Oh my gosh! I totally remember playing the "flat or not" tater tot! I used to love that game, mainly because I loved tater tots! Even though I never won - I don't believe any of us actually ever won. But we always got tater tots!!! And that is the most important part.
Amy
Post a Comment