Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Did You Know?

A friend of mine did this the other day with her 3 1/2-year-old son. I thought it was a great idea for a post, so I sat down with Miss Priss to see what she had to say. We all love the totally random things kids say. So ask yours and you can post their answers as well. Thanks, Kendi!

1. Something I do well - "Give toys to my sister."

2. Something I'd like to improve on - "Playing Pretty Pretty Princess with my sister."

3. My favorite food - "Waffles."

4. Three words that best describe me - "Pretty, quiet, and I turn lights on." (Uh, okay. Obviously she got zero help from me.)

5. My happiest moment - "When gunny bag doesn’t get my toys when I clean faster."

6. The most important thing in my life now - "Going to Disneyland and Chuck E. Cheese’s." (Of course.)

7. My favorite movie - "Aquamarine." (This one still blows me away, but it's true.)

8. My favorite book - "Hiccups for Elephant."

9. My favorite person in the whole world - "Riley and Talbot and Julia." (Cousins. To all the other wonderful cousins she has that she didn't mention, shook.)

10. Instead of going to school, I wish I could - "Play games on the computer."

11. My favorite place to go - "The park."

12. My favorite thing to draw - "A picture of my mommy and daddy and my sister and me and my house."

13. Something I want for Christmas - "Some light balls (translation: bulbs) and to make cookies for Santa to eat, and make cookies for me after dinner for Christmas."

14. My favorite color is - "Purple and pink."

15. At recess, I like to play - "On the slides."

16. When it's raining, I like to - "Sing songs to my flowers."

17. My favorite animal is - "A cute baby cow."

None of them really surprised me (except maybe the cow), but it's so fun to hear what they come up with.



This picture is about a year old, but it cracked me up as I was looking through old photos. She used to get into EVERYTHING!!! But how could you be mad at a face like that?

8 comments:

Karen said...

I love kids' version of things. They just don't think like adults at all - a whole new paradigm - and not easy to follow! And yes, I could get mad at a face like that!! She's so lucky YOU'RE her mommy! I evidently don't have the sense of humor you do. It takes me a little time to find the humor in things (like a little boy taking a knife to the cording on my couch). I guess there's no comparison - Maddie's washable, the couch wasn't fixable. Yes, I guess I would have laughed at that little clown face trying to be like mommy.

Kim said...

Just as a side note, that is nailpolish, not lipstick, all over that gorgeous face. Can you believe it?!? NOTHING takes that stuff off of a face (safely), so we had to wait it out (and soak her in the tub a few times a day). It took almost 4 days for it to finally wear off!

Amy A. said...

I think I may try this for my blog - see what an adults answers would be. I could ask Shaq but then the answers would be closer to what Miss Priss had to say!

Mindy said...

LOL! I love that picture. When kids do things like that, I figure you can either get mad, or take a picture!

Shawna said...

Love this post, I could read from children's answers all day. The picture of Miss Priss reminded me of the time she cut her hair, and smeared face cream all over the tooth brushes while we were visiting.

Anonymous said...

Cute Kim. Now you should ask Devil Child and get her answers. Hers would probably be quite hilarious too.
I was just thinking if I were to ask Carter in a week the same questions how it would all be different answers. They are so innocent (most of the time) and pure, oh and random. Gotta love it!

Unknown said...

What a cute kid! And a cute post.
I love the simplistic view of little ones.

Anonymous said...

I am missing your blog. Are you just so tired and still sick?