We have a morning schedule around here that rarely ever changes. Baby wakes mom up; mom gets him out of his crib and heads downstairs for bottle #1. Devil Child is either up and roaming the house, or, upon hearing mom rescue baby, she is following downstairs. She sits close to mom and baby during bottle feeding and pleads, "I NEED breakfast!!!" about ten times as mom replies, "As soon as the baby is done, I'll make breakfast." Miss Priss soon follows downstairs to await breakfast. Baby is done with bottle and goes into swing. Mom "makes" breakfast (not sure you can consider it "making" breakfast when 90% of the time it's cold cereal), and either lies down on the couch for a couple minutes of closed eyes (notice I did NOT say "sleep"), or if she is feeling motivated, runs upstairs to quickly shower before girls finish breakfast.
After dishes are cleared we all head upstairs for the bathtub. Once everyone is squeaky clean, girls enter bedroom for an attempt to dress themselves. After baby is dressed mom follows girls to re-dress in something appropriate. Then it's back to the bathroom for teeth and hair brushing. Devil Child is first on the stool for mom to brush teeth and put pretties in her hair, while Miss Priss combs through her own mop. Then we switch and Miss Priss hops up for her 'do and shiny teeth. Mom slathers little faces with lotion and lips with chapstick. Now baby is ready and girls are beautified, and mom can finish getting herself ready while girls make beds. Hooray! We're ready for the day! Unfortunately it's usually 11:00 by now, and half that day is gone. Baby is beyond ready for a nap, and girls have begun asking for lunch. Such is life with three little ones that don't get ready by themselves yet.
Why do I take the time to share this otherwise uninteresting routine with you, you ask? Well, lately Miss Priss has added a new "grooming technique" to her routine that I find a little -- um -- humorous. Once she's all done; bathed, dressed, teeth brushed, hair up, and face and lips moisturized, she now looks herself in the mirror, licks both of her pointer fingers, and "straightens" out her eyebrows. Sometimes it's just once, other times it takes two or three tries to get them to look "just right." No idea where this came from.
The first time she did it she looked at me afterwards and said, "Mom, do I still look great if I do this?" With a smile that hid a giggle I said, "Of course you do, honey. You look great no matter what."
2 comments:
ok seriously....what a hilarious little lady! Thanks for sharing this. It brought a huge smile to my face.
That's really funny. I can't believe all the work you take in getting them ready for the day.
I play is smart and do baths at bedtime, dad's around to help that way.
I still think she must have seen it somewhere? If I remember correctly I think she's learned it from her father!
Post a Comment