Monday, December 15, 2008

Three Holidays, One Post

The title says it all ... I'm failing at keeping up with this. I could just skip everything I've missed and start from where we are now, but I won't. I just had to post Halloween pics. I loved their costumes this year.



Miss Priss thought it was the greatest that all the adults actually knew about a girl named Wednesday from an "old movie." She got a kick out of people singing The Adams Family song to her when they would see her. DC just about wore out those Tinkerbell shoes even before trick-or-treating. She thought they were the best. And Mini Man rocked his Jack Jack costume. I was just grateful that he left the mask on long enough for a couple shots.

Thanksgiving was wonderful. We spent time throughout the month talking about all the things we are thankful for, and how we need to have the spirit of Thanksgiving throughout the whole year.

We went down to San Diego for the long weekend to spend the holiday with my parents, who just moved back into their house. My mom was so excited to finally be "home" again, she insisted that we all be there. There were no objections. We all played lots of Guitar Hero World Tour, probably much to the dismay of our neighbors, who I have no doubt heard every song. I don't know what happened to all the guys, but they seriously thought they were rock stars. The Man barely had a voice by morning. It truly was a sight to behold.

And now it's on to Christmas. We've been busy with our family's tradition of an avent calendar (we make a Christmas chain that has an activity printed on the inside of each link so that every day when the kids tear off part of the chain, our family has something to do together that has to do with Christmas). We've made homemade snowflakes to decorate the house, watched Miracle on 34th Street and The Santa Clause, had breakfast with Santa, "gone" Christmas caroling on the phone to relatives, baked Christmas treats, and decorated gingerbread houses with friends (and ate all the leftover frosting).



Before we know it, the year will be over and we will be welcoming a new little angel face into our home. My Christmas present will come on January 7th, 2009. Oh, how I look forward to rolling over in bed without having to grab onto the side of the mattress to turn myself over.

Until then, if you don't expect to see anything new on here, you just might be pleasantly surprised.

11 comments:

jenorme said...

I am so glad you posted those costumes! They are the best. I love how the each posed according to their role. Jack looks so studly and tough.

Unknown said...

Yay! A post! Kim I remember the grabbing onto the bed frame to roll over and get up, hahaha it is almost over!! I am excited for you.
Love all the pictures. You are the best mom. What great ideas for kids during the holidays! The Halloween costumes are great! So glad to read you are all doing well and having fun.

kam said...

you have been busy GIRL!!! Your kids costumes were so adorable!Glad to see you are hanging in there and having fun while your at it ;). Not too much longer and your little guy will be here! I am so excited for you guys!!!

Shawna said...

It's so good to see an update. Love Jack, Jack. It's all very cute. You guys are the cutest family EVER!!!! Love ya

Sarah said...

It's about time girlie! I know how it is... The kids are so darling, oh how we miss them. So what's this boys name? How are you feeling? Should I even ask? I need your address asap for a christmas card that did not turn out so well-but hey I tried. Email me at sarahcgarner@gmail.com
Hurry!
Loves,SG

Mindy said...

Cute pictures! It sounds like you are having a busy and fun Christmas season. I like how you do your Christmas count down chain.

Marina said...

Jack Jack is the BEST! It is perfect, I swear. Glad you're posting again.

Miguel said...

That Incredibles picture of Jackson is awesome!!!

Mandy said...

Good luck on the last few weeks! I'm so excited for you. I'm half way there!

Laurie Mitton said...

Wow you guys are busy little bee's. I can't believe that the new baby is due in just a few days. Sounds like all your holidays went well. Hope the New Year finds treats the Harmon's great...

Moore Family said...

Love your costumes!

We can't wait to hear the details on the new little one soon! Please keep us updated!