Bringing a new baby home always makes me think of those who have passed on, those who are no longer here to meet this sweet little fresh angel face that we all get to enjoy. I'm sure they knew each other, though, before he was mine. I like to imagine him moments before his birth, surrounded by all the people we know and love, and especially with the Savior, sending him off and wishing him good luck, telling him they'll be watching and guarding, and that they'll see him again soon. (I know, it's kinda Saturday's Warrior-ish, but I still like to think about it.)
But we made it home on Friday evening, after our beautiful new baby boy was born on Wednesday, Janurary 7th at 5:03 pm. Journaling of his birth story will come soon. For now, I'm just trying to enjoy these first days when he's still so new, before it's gone forever. I'm trying to not worry about the house or that my hair is a mess or that I still fit into nothing except those wretched maternity pants. (I always swell up even more after the birth. Go figure.)
Thanks to everyone for all the phone calls, emails, texts, cards, flowers, gifts, and especially to those who prepared meals and helped with babysitting our other little monkeys while we were in the hospital. You guys rock.
20 comments:
Ok congrats! I have been waiting for a picture. You look awesome. I looked I had been hit by a bus after having Brinlee. He looks like his brother. Can't wait to see him!
Thanks for the post, I've been so excited to hear the news. I hope everything went well. You look great! Well, does he have a name yet?
Now that is one handsome baby boy! Nice work, guys!
He is so cute! I love the first week after coming home with a new baby. There is an extra special feeling coming from that sweet little baby! Congrats!
Is it just me or does Little Man look so big now? I love how having a new baby makes your once little ones grow up so fast, actually it makes me sad but it's weird how having a new baby in the home makes that happen.
Congrats and I can't wait to hear the whole story and learn his name!
The weather here is making me want to escape to where you are. Don't be surprised if you see me sitting on your doorstep one of these days soon!
Kim, your family is beautiful, and the new babe is adorable. You look great too!
Beautiful baby!! Congratulations. I wish we were closer so i could help you out.
Oh my cuteness! I'm so mad I'm not there to kiss on him! I think he might be a TY baby...?Loves.
Congratulations!!! He is beautiful, enjoy ever moment you can with your little bundle of joy. Your family is so blessed to be given such a percious gift. Children are truely a precious gift from Heaven. I wish I would of known to help out, you've always been there for me when I needed.
He is adorable! Congratulations, Im so happy for your cute little family!
We totally expected to see you at dinner last night!! COngratulations and I can't wait to see him in person and snuggle hime a little!!! BTW< YOu look GREAT!!!
Congratulations! It's not fair that you could look so drop dead gorgeous after having a baby! What a love. He's so so darling. There are a few times the veil is so thin; when people die and when angels are born. I revel in the feeling of the closeness to the other side after I have a baby. They are so so close and I know they are handing him off to you. Yea, it's kind of Saturday(warish) but, who said that was a bad thing?!?! Loves!
Wow - a family of FOUR! I can't believe it! Somehow the jump from 3 to 4 seems big. VERY cute baby! We can't wait to see him in person. Congratulations!
Correction: Four KIDS + Two PARENTS = a family of SIX.
(sigh)
Awwww. It's my long lost Kim! I could cry...you know, now that I've found you again.
Kim & Ty have four kids?! What!? I didn't even know you had a little man :(
I'm never going to lose you again. I promise. I don't have a blog but you can find me on Facebook, k?
He's gor-geous. And so are you. Babies are just yum. I'm so happy for you.
My mom says that "home again, home again, juggity jig" thing all the time! I didn't know it was such a popular phrase. :)
Cole is adorable. Congrats! I wish you lots of sleep!
Oh my goodness he is adorable! Congrats! I hope everyhting went well for you.
Congratulations, Kim! I love the pic with Jackson holding his brother...so sweet.
MY grandma said that phrase also...hmmmm, generational thing I guess. Anyway- Kim, He is just perfection I tell ya! Wow what a cutie! Congrats!!!!
OH MAN! I need to check your blog more often! Congrats!! I am so happy for your family. He is sure a cutie!
Post a Comment