Monday, July 27, 2009

Never Give Up, Never Surrender

What's a girl to do when nearly three months have gone by and her blog seems to have been completely abandoned? Should she post about how sorry she is for being such a slacker blogger? Not this girl. Should she skip over the last three month's of her family's life and just begin to post from where she is now? Not this girl. Should she spend hours and hours writing post after post, recounting the last 90-some-odd days to people who probably don't care as much as she thinks they do about what she and her family have been doing? No, not this girl.

I know! She should overload her blog with pic's and captions to summarize the super-fun spring/summer she's had with her husband and cute kiddo's. Yeah, that's it.

Though some have commented that I have given up on the blogging world, and others have given up on me, I will not let time passed get the better of me. I will get out of this "no blogging" rut, and I will press on. Get comfy, ya'll. We're going through three months' time in one post.

So, where have we been, you're asking? And what have we been doing???

We've been getting haircuts...






And losing teeth...


And receiving awards at school ...


We've been spending time becoming Honorary Fire Chiefs ...


And hanging out in helicopters at the Fire Dept with grandpa ...





We've been rockin' out on the guitar ...


And rockin' the elementary school play ...



We've been finding fingers ...


And finding toes ...


We've been visiting great grandparents ...


And attending the temple for one seriously amazing sealing ...






We've been swimming here ...




And swimming there ...




We've been dressing up for holidays ...



And taking family photos ...



We've been learning how things work with dad ...



And camping at Father & Sons ...




We spent a rainy day at Lagoon (with no kids!!!) ...


And finally started loving the bumbo ...


To put it mildly, we've been having so much fun, we're just plain worn out ...


And you'll all sleep better tonight now that you know.

16 comments:

Marina said...

I love your family photo! Where was it taken? and where is the swimming location?...both of which look amazing!

Unknown said...

Kim, I have been waiting, patiently. It has been a nice lesson in patience. haha
It looks like you have had an amazing spring/summer so far! The pictures a great! I love your family photo too. I can't believe how big the girls are looking now. And the baby boys... adorable!

Amy A. said...

Aww, so cute! Thanks for sharing all the pics. I miss those kids so much! They are growing up so fast! I hope to see you and them soon :) I don't want them to forget their Auntie...

Maxmomma said...

Welcome back! It's always fun to read your posts. The pics are darling! I have to say that I love #1's haircut a LOT... makes me think about chopping mine. I'm glad you got time together at Lagoon- those are precious days together!

Mindy said...

Cute pictures! I'm glad we got to see you guys this summer!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I love your family and all the pictures!

Shawna said...

YAY! You're back! We've missed you. You guys all look great. It's nice to know we've been apart of your summer fun. Love you guys!

Karina said...

I know I'll sleep better. You've made this pregnant mama super tired just reading about your busy summer.

What a fun read! What a fun family!

kam said...

You guys HAVE been busy haven't you? It was good to see you guys while you were up for the baby blessing and temple sealing. You are just a stinkin gorgeous and stinkin happy family- and that just serves you right ;). Glad your back blogging about your adventures- they make me smile!

Melanie said...

Yep...thought you'd died or something.....glad your back! PS. YOU look great!

Kim said...

Our family photo was taken by my brother-in-law at Wheeler Farm up in Utah. Beautiful location. (www.scottharmonphotography.com)

And the swimming pool is my sister's inlaws down in San Diego. The kids have the best time sliding down that awesome waterslide.

Glad you're all enjoying the new photos!

Vicki said...

Very cute family photo. I can't believe how much hair you cut off her hair, and how old she is getting!! You guys have some cute kids. We should plan another get together (hopefully we won't back out this time).

Carrie said...

I found your blog during your hiatus and was a little bit giddy to see you back.

Sarah said...

Love the pics! Kids are huge! Love you, miss you, miss you, miss you so more.....come visit.
sarah

Pettin'Tales said...

Hey, the outfit's did turn out super cute, nice!

Kaycee said...

I feel the same...time to get bloggin again. Fun summer! It's almost over...