
I've taken a few days off since having a couple extra kids at my house. My brother and his family came through on their way to California for a soccer tournament for one of their girls, and two of the five kids stayed behind at my house. We've had them for five days now, and it's been a blast! I just love these girls. I'm not sure if it's because I lived with them a number of years ago, but I've always felt like these girls are partly mine, in a way. I wish we got to see them more.

Destiny is 9 and Ireland is 8. They have been such a big help to me this weekend. They totally love my girls, and my girls adore them. The other day when they were all running around the house "practicing" their ice skating and making up dances, The Man and I watched them while we laughed and I thought, "This could be a little look into our future. Someday our girls will be their ages, and hopefully we'll have a couple more little ones." It's going to be great.

We've spent our days visiting our new library, going to the park, baking, shopping, and watching movies at night. The girls also got to go to their other cousin's house down at the other end of the valley. They have so much fun over there. K & E have a bonzai slide that the kids can't get enough of. It's one of those blow up water slides. It's awesome!!! (Sorry about your grass, guys! A worthwhile sacrifice for all the fun they've had, if you ask me. :) Don't you agree?)


Today is our last day together before their parents come back this evening. We may head over to the rec center for a swim if my neighbor isn't home to use her pool. The girls all love the water. Thank heavens for that. It's the only relief from this crazy heat.


So today is my birthday -- the first anniversary of my 29th birthday, if you can belive it. Am I really going to be one of those people who can't admit her real age and claims to be 29 for the next ten years??? Maybe just for a couple years. I just don't feel my age. That's what's important; right, how you feel? I'll just keep telling myself that.
Destiny asked The Man yesterday, "Can we go shopping tomorrow for something for The Woman's birthday?"
He said, "Sure. What do you want to get her?"
"I don't know. But I don't have any money," was her answer.
Like I said, I love those girls. Total sweethearts. I can't wait to have them come again.
4 comments:
Looks like you had a great time. Kids and lazy summer days make a great combination. I hope I get a chance to experience that some day. Thanks for sharing the pictures. Happy Birthday!
Happy Birthday! Hope that you do something fun....and as well as I know Ty, he will probably make you feel so special.
It's nice to have your neices around, especially to help with the girls.
Talk to you soon.
Happy, happy birthday, Kimberly dear! Sing, sing, sing... I just love your blog - the pictures and comments. Keeps you close. I'll look forward to knowing what you did on your special day. Love you!
I know what you mean...I just turned the big 3-5 and I have a hard time admitting it. 30 wasn't too bad for me, but 35 feels awfully close to 40! Let's just keep pretending we're younger than we really are, and maybe that will keep us young!
Post a Comment