Wednesday, July 12, 2006

A Moment with Miss Priss


BE FOREWARNED:

If you don't like poop stories or think they are in any way inappropriate, DO NOT read on! Unfortunately for you, with two little ones, our lives are filled with lots and lots of poop. For those of you who, like us, have little ones that grant you lots and lots of poop, here's a tiny glimpse of everyday life with our little Miss Priss...

Recently we had some friends over who were kind enough to bring a fruit platter to add to our dinner. They left the remaider of the fruit for us to enjoy the next day. For some reason, kiwi was not a big hit the night before, so the girls and I had plenty for lunchtime. Miss Priss was a little hesitant to partake, having never eaten kiwi before. She asked, "Mom, what's this?"

"You'll like it, I promise. It tastes like strawberries. You LOVE strawberries."

"Green strawberries???" she asked with confusion.

"Yep. Try one and let me know what you think."

Miss Priss ate a slice, and decided she did like the green strawberries. In fact, she cleaned up everything we had left of them. Later that afternoon Miss Priss went in for her afternoon, um, "appointment" in the restroom. Upon completion of her business, she hollered out, as she does every day, "Mom!!! Mom!!! I need you to help wipe my bum!!!"

Side note: Wipe your bum? Come on! You're FOUR YEARS OLD!!! Help me out, ladies, since she's my first. Does this everyday bum wiping ever end? Will she ever learn how to get everything clean by herself? I don't know how much longer it will be appropriate for me to walk into the bathroom to find my daughter grabbing her ankles.

Back to the story ...

I entered the bathroom and finished cleaning her up. She then stood straight up, pointed with her open hand right at the toilet and asked, very matter-of-factly, "Do you see this?"

"Yes, I do. Uh, thank you?" (I must add here that I did notice her poop was a little greenish, which had, in turn, changed her pee water from the normal yellow to slightly green.)

"No, mom. My pee-pee is green. My pee-pee is not supposed to be green. It's supposed to be yellow. Don't feed me those green strawberries anymore."

And with that, she pulled up her pants and left me in the bathroom with the green pee-pee. Lovely.

So about a week later I was over at a friend's house getting some sun while the kids played in the kiddie pool. My friend brought out a bunch of snacks, one of which was a fruit tray. Miss Priss took a look at the fruit and asked, "Are there any green strawberries?"

"No, sorry. But there's lots of watermelon and grapes. I know you love those."

Miss Priss decided to go for a piece of pinneapple. She picked it up, held it up to me and said, "I'll have this one so my pee-pee can be yellow now."

"Whatever works for you," I said.

She popped it in her mouth and looked as if she were deep in thought for a moment. "Yep, it works for me!" And off she ran to the pool.

How great would it be if life were as simple as it is in the world of Miss Priss. :)

5 comments:

Shawna said...

I just wanted to let you know that Shott really appreciated this story. You know all about his fetish! Anyway, thanks for the laugh.

Anonymous said...

That is funny! You have to write that in her baby/memory book so you can remember to tell her that one day when she really gets it!

Anonymous said...

Cute! It is so funny to hear what kids are really thinking sometimes - they're so smart! I loved the pics of The Devil Child you posted - hilarious. You are such a good writer! You could make this into a book...

Karen said...

Loved your warning - you'd think no one has ever been through this! Trust me - this is the world of children! I get such a kick out of how you write! So descriptive. You put us right there with you - whether we want to be there or not!

Mindy said...

You've gotta love it! Your girls are adorable and full of personality! As far as the bum wiping goes, yeah, I can relate! Our #2 still needs help. At least they're not still in diapers! :-)