When we just had Miss Priss, and she would be playing with another child (usually a boy) that would hit or push or spit on her, I was totally one of those moms who says, "Oh, that's okay, he's just being a boy." But I was secretly thinking, "Can't you do a little more to teach him that it's not okay to treat people like that, even though he's a boy? Why can't your child be more like my sweet little Miss Priss?"
To all those moms out there that I had those terrible, evil thoughts about: I AM SO SORRY!!! I had no idea it truly wasn't your fault. I was naive, I was blinded, I was ... completely wrong. And now I ask for your help. What, oh what can a mother do to make her child JUST BE NICE???Our little Devil Child is notorious for seeking out another child -- seriously, she like hunts them down -- sneaking up behind them, and pushing them flat on their face. For no reason. Or she will find an older child, no matter the size, come right up to their face and push them in the stomach. For no reason. But her all-time best rotten move is when she's really upset with you for something you did (or didn't do), and she gives you one of those if-looks-could-kill looks, points her finger at you and shouts, "YOU!"
Ooohhh, burn! I truly have no idea what message she thinks she's getting across, but it's nonetheless completely embarrassing for me. I know the written story isn't nearly as effective as actually hearing her, but lucky you, I was able to capture it on film. An amazing feat, I know, since I'm usually one of those "Honey, quick! Get the camera! Get the camera! Get the cam -- nevermind, you missed it" people.
So here, for your viewing pleasure, is my very own little Devil Child, in all her glory, about to shout, "YOU!!!" right at me. Or maybe it was her sister. Or her dad. Or one of the sad little children that sometimes come to play at our house, despite the mental beat-down they get from my baby.You also get to see Devil Child in a place she visits quite frequently every day ... the time-out corner. (Love that bedhead!)
2 comments:
Oh how great it is that everyone has to have one child that is a little more difficult then the other. Some people get theirs with their first some with their last. Mine SO far happens to be number UNO! Love him but man does he give me a run for my money. Actually he is getting better. As will Devil Child.
She is very cute though so you can't get too mad at her. Poor thing!
Carter has a little boy in nursery that hunts him out like that every week. Carter talks about what Riley did to him every Sunday. Sad thing is Riley is quite younger then him.
My advice....Good Luck and lots of Daddy time!
Shott and I laughed our flippn' heads off we saw this post. We've seen a little bit of the Devil childs ways when you've stayed with us but you've captured her perfectly here in your pictures. Good luck with her. How fun!
Post a Comment