Projects, projects, and more projects. "Finishing" a home is never done. My dad and I finished insulating the garage doors to help with the heat this summer. It was nice to get that done so that I can use the garage to actually finish some other projects. He also helped me refinish the top of an old dresser that belonged to The Man's granddad and grandma. Now I just need to repaint it, and it will be ready for Miss Priss's room. I'll post a picture when it's completely complete.
It's taking me quite a long time to put some finishing touches on the house. Thankfully we were smart enough this time to paint BEFORE moving in. Now I just have a ton of wall space and nothing on it! We'll be getting new family pictures soon, and I bought some new shelves to go up behind our dining room table to put them on. I can't wait to have that done.
Today I finally picked up a few things at Home Goods and Pier One to put up above the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen finally looks finished. I love it! Our walls are taupe and a really dark almost army green (sounds yucky, I know, but it's awesome), so I decided to accent the kitchen with a deep red. Looking good. Now we just need some more plants in the house. The Man loves to have real plants in the house. Fortunately there are many to choose from that can take a pretty good beating before actually giving up the ghost, so I can handle having real plants.

Next on the list: Finish the girls' bathroom. I found some great towels and a bathmat, but can't for the life of me find a shower curtain to match. Guess I'll have to pull out the old sewing machine. We've also got to paint it.
Then it's down to sanding and staining the old kitchen table. Don't know if this one will ever actually happen. Knowing me I'll end up spending a week trying to figure out how to get the blasted chairs apart so I can sand the entire thing, another week just to sand it, another day staining, and then I'll realized I HATE the color stain I chose, and it will be off to the discount store to find a new table and chairs set. Maybe I'll just skip all the time wasters and get right to buying a new set. Yeah, that sounds good.
We've also still got to come up with new themes for the playroom and the girls' rooms. Then The Man can start painting the murals with his loads and loads of spare time.
Better get movin'. The list ain't gettin' any shorter!
It's taking me quite a long time to put some finishing touches on the house. Thankfully we were smart enough this time to paint BEFORE moving in. Now I just have a ton of wall space and nothing on it! We'll be getting new family pictures soon, and I bought some new shelves to go up behind our dining room table to put them on. I can't wait to have that done.
Today I finally picked up a few things at Home Goods and Pier One to put up above the kitchen cabinets. The kitchen finally looks finished. I love it! Our walls are taupe and a really dark almost army green (sounds yucky, I know, but it's awesome), so I decided to accent the kitchen with a deep red. Looking good. Now we just need some more plants in the house. The Man loves to have real plants in the house. Fortunately there are many to choose from that can take a pretty good beating before actually giving up the ghost, so I can handle having real plants.

Next on the list: Finish the girls' bathroom. I found some great towels and a bathmat, but can't for the life of me find a shower curtain to match. Guess I'll have to pull out the old sewing machine. We've also got to paint it.
Then it's down to sanding and staining the old kitchen table. Don't know if this one will ever actually happen. Knowing me I'll end up spending a week trying to figure out how to get the blasted chairs apart so I can sand the entire thing, another week just to sand it, another day staining, and then I'll realized I HATE the color stain I chose, and it will be off to the discount store to find a new table and chairs set. Maybe I'll just skip all the time wasters and get right to buying a new set. Yeah, that sounds good.
We've also still got to come up with new themes for the playroom and the girls' rooms. Then The Man can start painting the murals with his loads and loads of spare time.
Better get movin'. The list ain't gettin' any shorter!
4 comments:
Whew....I got tired just READING that! This is why women typically out last men. Her projects, our stresses. My "honey-do" list grows faster than my facial hair! Gotta love you though, the house is lookin' GREAT! Nice work!
- The Man
How nice does that kitchen look! I want to see more pictures of your house.
We are saving our money now to totally gut our kitchen and redo it. What projects!
When you put more pictures of your house, I'll put more pictures of myself. Here is the thing about that....I am always behind the camera. I have to tell Glen take a picture of me and the kids and I never think about doing it. I will try to remember though.
Good job. Decorating is so expensive and it always seems the money is gone before I find something I really like!
This all sounds VERY ambitious! As you're thinking about a theme for the playroom, remember the ships and ship's clock that are yours for the taking if you'd like to use them. At one time Ty thought he'd like to have them. There are 6 to 8 of them, I think.
The house is looking great! It's fun to finally go out and get some of the things you want to decorate with isn't it!! Hopefully soon I can get Shott to load up our pictures so we can send you some of our progress.
Post a Comment