(drum roll)
We didn't really have the intention on telling anyone just yet, but I've now discovered the reason people usually don't tell other people they're "trying." When I took the pregnancy test last week and the second line showed up in under ten seconds, I was thrilled. I wanted to shout for joy and laugh out loud. Just when I thought I couldn't hold my excitment in any longer, I rememberd I was in my sister's bathroom, and that I had come over without The Man. I just couldn't tell my sister without telling my husband first, could I? I had to spend the rest of the evening with her and her family without saying a word so that The Man could be the first to know. TORTURE!!!
When I came home that night, The Man was already in bed. I thought to myself, "He's getting up at 4:30 am. I really should just let him get his sleep. I'll tell him tomorrow. That would be the kind thing to do."
Five seconds later I was shaking his shoulder and repeating, "Are you awake? Can you hear me?" He sleepily said that he was and that he could, so I let him know. He also was very excited. Then we talked about who we could tell now, and who could wait until after the first doctor's appt. I asked if I could tell my friend who I would see the next morning at the gym.
"No, don't tell her yet. We're going out to dinner with them tomorrow. Just wait until then so we can tell them both," was The Man's only request.
First thing she says to me when we're working out in the morning ...
"So when are you supposed to start? Have you taken a test yet?"
AAAAHHHH! Could I lie? Just a little, tiny white lie? It wouldn't be a big deal. We were going to tell them that night, so it would only be a small fib that lasted a few hours. But apparently I need some work on my poker face. I couldn't help but smile, and so the truth was out. And although she's one of a few I know that have an extremely difficult time getting pregnant, she was very happy for me and the news of a third baby for us. My heart sincerely goes out to the women in my life that have her same challenge. We know our news is bittersweet to you, and you are always so supportive and happy for us. We truly appreciate it. And I hope you know that we constantly pray and fast for you and your husbands; that you will be blessed for the trials that face you. We love you all so much.
After I got home I got a phone call from my little sister (who just happened to find out she was pregnant about two weeks ago). She says, "So when do you find out?"
"Uh, yesterday."
"Oh. And?"
"We're having a baby!!!"
"Yeah! That's so awesome that our due dates will be so close!"
"I know! I just wish we lived closer."
"All I know is that Todd is going to be totally mad if we have another girl and you get a boy."
Ha, ha! They have three little girls and are REALLY hoping for a boy this time. They've been hoping for boys from the very beginning, but, you know, you get what you get. I don't really care either way. The Man wants a boy, and I think it would be great, but I absolutely LOVE little girls. So either way, I'm just thrilled that we're able to have another one.
Needless to say, this will be the last time we let people know we are "trying." Maybe. I have a really hard time keeping my mouth shut sometimes. I kind of feel it's a little too early to be telling everyone, but since you're all family to me, it's okay.
For those of you wondering about my health, things are going really well. Everything checked out last December, and the nephrologist said he thought it was just fine if we wanted to have another baby. After we have her -- Oops! Freudian slip -- we'll get checked out again and see how well my body dealt with the strain. He gave us the same advice we've heard before, "Pregnancy is VERY hard on your kidneys. This COULD be the one where everything goes downhill. BUT ... you've proved us wrong twice before, and I don't see why you can't do it again." That was great to hear. This doctor's a keeper.
So we're thinking the due date will be in May. And if I go early (like they usually have me do), we'll have the baby end of April or beginning of May. We'll keep you all posted when we get news of an actual due date. And we'll start polling now for your guesses on the sex. Hey, with a 50/50 chance, you'll probably be right!
Here is a pictures of our family now...

And here we are in about eight months...

Am I really ready for this? Well, I guess I better get there because ready or not, HERE COMES #3!!!
13 comments:
Kim!! Congratulations!! I am so excited for you and your family. YAY!!!
AHHHH!!!!!! Glenn and I are so thrilled for you! I had to call him immediately! What a joy and blessing. I'll tell you what- I'll let you have the boy this time, if I get to have the girl :) (No, we are not pregnant- that we know of!- but we will probably try in a few more months. Glenn wouldn't mind a year more, but I am getting ready and excited about #2). We will be praying for your body and the baby. Seriously- what a joy!
I would be happy to fill you in on our 72-hr-kit list. I will probably send it snail mail, I hand-wrote things out when making them instead of typing, so I'll send a copy of that :).
AGAIN- CONGRATS!!!!!
Wow!! Another little tax exemption! Congratulations you guys, that is exciting. I dig the family picture. Makes me wanna draw. You guys must've looked at all that extra space in your house and thought that you needed to fill some of it. You guys are great parents and we love reading your stories about the other kids. It will be fun to read about a new one!
Oh- by the way... LOVE those drawings! It is amazing what artistic people can do so well, and seemingly so simply. They are awesome.
Congratulations! Although I may have already known :). I still wanted you to know how happy I am for you.
I can't imagine having 3.....ahhhh! Babies are fun though.
So your sister Kelly is pregnant too. How fun is that. She seems too young to have 4.
What did your girls say when you told them?
Yay!!! I'm so happy for you. How are you feeling? I hope everything goes smoothly for you! Do the girls know? Are they excited?
I sent a text to Brett telling him your news and he wrote back, "were they trying?"
me: "yep"
Brett: "That's most excellent then!"
Can you tell we've had a few close calls when we WEREN'T trying?
Thanks, everyone. I'm still feeling good, just a bit tired. I usually don't start getting sick until about 8 weeks. Hopefully I'll skip that whole part this time!
The girls don't know yet. I figured it's too early to tell them. Eight months is a LONG time for them to wait. Miss Priss has been asking for a baby for quite some time. We'll probably tell them when I start showing. That will help them understand, I think.
Plus, this way there's no "My mommy has a baby in her tummy!" at church or preschool.
I just got out of my meeting and I came straight to your blog and got the good news!!! That's so great you guys. We are so excited for you!! We will pray that this pregnancy is happy and healthy for you!! We love you guys a ton! CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!
Oh yeah I forgot to guess what the sex will be......I am going to guess a boy. I guess just mostly because I want Ty to be on my good side and because that is how my family goes. 2 girls, boy, and another girl. So, thus you have another one to go!
Love ya!
Kim, I was just talking about you and your parents TODAY. Seriously. I said to Steve, "I think they have like 11 granddaughters and NO boys!" He thought that was just crazy. You can set me straight on exactly how many granddaughters they have later.
Congratulations! I'm so happy to not be pregnant right now but when I look at my babies' pictures, it does make me want another one :)
Keep in touch. We love to hear from you!
Love, Karina and Steve
As you think of children, I naturally think of grandchildren - this makes 14 arrows in our quiver! What a blessing! I am sorry to tell you, I have no hope that you'll change the gender this time. After all, I tried to do it 6 times with no success! But we'll all be grateful no matter who she or he is, right? The only thing I worry about is the direction your children seem to be going - Miss Priss to Devil Child to....?! Love you all, Grandma Darlin'
Hey, Dill and I never put in our votes on this. I vote a first boy. Dill votest that too. So make it so!
Post a Comment