
Today we spent a little time outside of the house, even with the cruel heat. A trip to Target last week landed me a sweet deal on a kiddie pool (only $2.48 - go check out their summer sale where everything is 75% off!), so I figured what the heck, we could all use a little sun.
Well, I could use some sun. The girls could use some time out of the house. Trips to the library and movies and playdates aren't adding up to the "super-fun-total-blast-all-the-fun-I-could-ever-hope-for" summer Miss Priss was expecting. Translation: the girls BEG to go outside every day. And I've always got a reason not to. Or something else we just HAD to do that prevents us from venturing to the desert my children think is the great outdoors. But alas, I have relented and given in. And I must admit, I took a dip in the new pool for fear of being fried up right in front of my precious little children's eyes.
It was fun. We played games and splashed each other till our cheeks turned pink and I knew that our "fun in the sun" would turn into pure torture trying to sleep tonight with sunburns, so we all headed in.
Then it was off to naptime for Devil Child (who SSSOOOOO needed it!) and quiet time for Miss Priss and mommy. I'm sure I was asleep long before she was. I jumped out of bed a mere two hours later. That's right, two hours. Dang, that was nice! So it's Monday, my bathrooms are still a disaster, and The Man will be home in an hour. Who cares? I had a great day with my girls.
3 comments:
Great deal. I was just at Target the other day and didn't see any of that. Guess I'll have to go back. I always love a trip to Target.
That's an unbelievable deal on a swimming pool! And it sounds like you and your girls had a really fun time. =)
I love the deals you can get at Target. There finally building one out here at Jordan Landing, right next to wal-mart. Swimming in a pool, no matter the size, is always fun for me. Sounds like you guys had a great time!
Post a Comment