But it hit me the other day when I was in the car on the way home, and listening to the radio. I flipped to the country station and heard the last verse of a song I liked. I waited to hear what was coming next to decide if it was worth my time. Reba came on next singing 'Fancy.' Haven't heard that in forever. By the time she reached the last part of the song where she sings, "I mighta been born just plain white trash, but Fancy was my name," the tears were rolling down my face. That's right, I was crying because of a song where a mother basically turns her daughter into a hooker. When the song was over, I wiped my face and took a look in the rear-view mirror. There sat Miss Priss and Devil Child, looking a little perplexed. Sorry, children, mommy has no good reason or explanation for this one.

So here's me now (minus the cute little tanktop jammies). Luckily the throwing up hasn't started yet. I just feel like I'm on the verge all day long. Sometimes I don't know which is worse; actually throwing up (but at least getting rid of the feeling for a while), or constantly feeling like it's coming any second. And usually the thought of eating alone makes me want to hurl. But I'm in good spirits. I'm so happy to be having another one, and I know this won't last long. And it's totally worth it.
It just bites knowing that I'm barely choking down one meal a day, sometimes only a piece of toast or a couple crackers, and yet my clothes get tighter and tighter every minute I'm in them. This stage is the worst, where you feel like you're bursting out of your regular clothes, but you're not really showing, so maternity clothes look ridiculous.
So forgive me if the posts come few and far between for a while. I'm busy laying on my couch while my kids watch Strawberry Shortcake 20 times a day. Yep, mother of the year, I know.
9 comments:
You are a mother of the year! The sickness will pass and when all is said and done you will have a beautiful new addition to the Harmon fam......I can't wait! And kids love Strawberry Shortcake, so there is nothing to feel bad about! At least I love it...
Amy
Hang in there, babe! This, too, shall pass!
Oh it sounds rough, that throw-up feeling is the worse. I'm taking a medication that does that to me. I hope this passes soon for you. And you're a great mom. No worries!
So of course after I write about not throwing up yet, that's all I've been doing today. I tried to eat breakfast. Not a good idea. The worst is now that there's absoltely nothing left in my stomach, I keep throwing up anyway.
On the bright side, I've kept my toilets sparkling clean since I knew this was coming sooner or later. Nothing's worse than having to do this in a dirty toilet. ;)
Sorry that is really crappy. Too be honest with you I don't ever throw up until I go to have my babies and then I throw up right before I have them, while I am having them and after. I don't know if is the medication or if I am nervous. I definately going through the nausiation feelings and NOTHING sounds good to eat but you know if you don't eat then you won't feel good. AHHHH!!! It's good to remember these things, your quick to forget them.
Lora finds out today if she is having 2 or 1 baby. I will let you know.
When I was pregnant with Peanut (and very sick) I was sewing a Halloween costume for Sissy. To this day, when I look at that costume, I feel a hint of nausea. My pregnancies have gotten harder each time. I hope that won't be the case for you. Hang in there. I know it sucks.
Good thinking about the sparkling clean toilets, though! I got sick last week when my toilets were, let's just say, less than sparkling. Nasty!!!
Kim, hang in there! Before you know it you will have another little being to nickname.
(I've noticed your family gives every child a clever nickname... "devil child", "Miss Priss", "Peanut", etc. - it's fun)
I haven't thrown up for probably 8 or 9 years... sorry to brag.
Just remember to stick your tongue out so it doesn't go up your nose. ICK!!
Women,
Do you have messanger? Let me know. Email me!
Post a Comment