Monday, September 11, 2006

What's Up With Us...

Miss Priss had her first day of preschool today. We were all very excited. She did great, as I knew she would; just ran into the classroom when the teacher opened the door, and forgot all about me and Devil Child, who were left standing there on the playground just waiting for a wave goodbye. I'll take that in a heartbeat over her screaming, crying, and clinging to my leg for dear life. Wow, I feel bad for those moms. We decided on afternoon school, as the girls take after their dad in their morning routines. We literally have days when I'll go into Miss Priss' room in the morning, and she groggily (is that a word?) looks at me, then scowls at me and shouts, "You woke me up, mom! I was sleepy!"

But I was happy to have the morning to get ready, seeing as it takes me ALL morning for breakfast, baths, dressing and hairstyling. We were up and outta here early (for us) to spend some time at the park before school started at noon. We've got a great park right up the street from us. The playground is awesome, but I love the scenery the most. And now that school is in, it's not crowded at all.

Here are some of the pictures we got. I've discovered that our pictures turn out better when the girls aren't looking at the camera. That's partly due to the fact that they're not completely cooperative, and partly due to the fact that our camera has like a 10-second delay. Maybe a bit of an exaggeration, but still, it's terrible.






I've been feeling better the last couple of days. It's been nice. I made it to church, but really only because it was Miss Priss' very first Primary Program. Maybe it's because I'm pregnant, maybe it's because I'm a sap, but there's something about seeing your first baby up there on that stand the minute she spots you, and her eyes light up and she jumps up out of her seat and shouts hello to you while waving her arms frantically, as if you're going to miss her. I cried. Unfortunately, The Man was home with a migraine, so I was on my own with Devil Child. Needless to say, I missed the entire program. I was in and out of there at least 20 times, trying desperately to watch my baby sing and hold her pictures up right on cue. She came down from the stage twice during the program crying, "Mom, I couldn't see you. Where are you?" It was awful.

I want to send out a huge congratulations to Bama and her family. We just found out they're having twins, and we are so happy for them (and even more happy it's not us!) We wish you all the luck in the world. You're probably going to need it.

8 comments:

Mindy said...

Those pictures are ADORABLE! (And so are your girls.) What a great park. Preschool and a Primary program... big stuff. She's getting so big. I'm glad you're feeling a little better.

Anonymous said...

That picture of Miss Priss and Devil Child with their arms around each other, looking at the water, is a keeper. It looks like a hallmark card about sisters.

Shawna said...

Your girls are just so darling. It sounds like Miss Priss is going to really love preschool. The pictures look great.

Shawna said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

I can relate with you on the camera issue. Mine is a serious 10 second delay. IT BUGS BIG TIME. I am saving for a nice one.
Carter starts preschool on Monday and I know he is going to be the kid grasping for my leg screaming and crying. What do you do? It's also very annoying.
Aren't you so excited for Lora? Cool huh. But I do hear you about being glad it is us!
Maybe I will call you on Monday while both of our children are in school in the AFTERNOON. I have a child that likes to sleep in himself.

Anonymous said...

Oh, so fun! I have been offline for a while and I had to catch up on all of your last blogs. You know I love them. I am sure "Miss Priss" is absolutely adorable at school. I would have loved to have her in a class.
That park looks wonderful. We can't wait to see your new home. We're trying to find out if we can come for Michael's marathon. I suppose I shoudl ask if that would be okay first!!!! I have such wonderful etiquette! We have to look at schedules still too..
Don't worry about the clothes getting tighter thing. Same thing happened to me (and I couldn't hold down a pea!) when I was six weeks along with Max and I was so mad I called my doctor's office. Apparently, during the first 10 weeks your body retains extra water, but then it levels out. I lost ten pounds in the first three months when all was said and done. You will do fine. Besides, I am sure your size 4 jeans will be waiting for you when you are done!

Miguel said...

That 10sec camera snap is so funny. I have been a hair shy of some great photos so often! Then Shott told me most cameras will snap much faster if you hold the trigger half way down and wait for that right shot. Even so, I miss many. Great photos sis.

Melanie said...

Could your girls be any more adorable? I love the pictures. I myself still can't figure out how to upload pictures to the site, but I'm glad you figured it out, they are soooooo cute!

Mel