Saturday, October 28, 2006

Happy Halloween!


Arrrgg, Matey! Happy Halloween from our little pirates. The girls are seriously into Pirates of the Carribean this year. I know, they're way too young. The Man has Miss Priss loving movies such as Pirates, Harry Potter and Star Wars. She actually requests them now, and her dad couldn't be happier. Maybe she won't always be such a little Miss Priss. And Devil Child goes right along with whatever her big sister wants, although I have a feeling she'd like those scary movies even without the influence of an older sibling.



Wednesday was the Halloween party at preschool, and I was in charge of carpool that week, so I had the chance to pick up all her friends in their costumes. We had Superman, Spiderman, and Snow White. Of course Devil Child just HAD to wear her costume, too.




These kids are so funny. When I dropped of Liam at his house after school, his mom came out and said, "Hey, Superman!" He just looked at her blankly and said, "No, mom. I'm just your son in a Superman costume."



And Miss Priss was so excited to tell Liam that her Uncle Shott loves Superman, too, and that he's even friends with the REAL one. I love it!



Friday was our ward's Trunk-or-Treat. We watched Pirates while getting ready to get us "in the mood." The ward had a chili dinner beforehand, and then we took the girls around the parking lot. Our ward is HUGE, so it was a big success. It took almost an hour to get to all the cars, and the girls got WAY TOO MUCH candy. I'm sure with a prego mommy and a chocoholic daddy, we'll put all that candy to good use.

Tonight we'll get in costumes again to go to a carnival in our old stake, and then Tuesday we'll dress up one last time to visit our neighbors and pass out candy to other trick-or-treaters while we watch "Monster House." I love getting so much use out of these costumes! And it's nice that they can go right into the dress-up drawer afterwards for dress-up fun all year long!

Hope you all have a Happy (and safe) Halloween. Post pictures of your little ghouls, goblins, princesses, and whatever else you have this year. We'd love to see them!

5 comments:

Karen said...

Cute blog! Kids LOVE Halloween! For the first time I'm not planning to wear a costume to school. We don't parade anymore (security, you know) and since we're just having a little party in our classroom, I'm just going to wear ghost earrings and a bright Halloween sweater vest. I wonder if my students will ask me about it. They don't let you get away with a thing! I might become a witch to answer the door for trick-or-treaters, though!

Anonymous said...

Did you make those costumes? So cute.
I have to be honest about something....I have never seen the Pirate Movies??? I should though huh?
What did you dress up as?
It's funny to see all those boys as superheros. Poor Carter, his mom dressed him as a lion. He was batman last year and is getting a superman costume for christmas. Do you think he will hate me one day?

Shawna said...

Shott will be proud to know that Miss Priss mentioned that he knew Superman personally. What a crack up! We're going to be watching "Monster House" on Halloween too. We'll think about you. The girls look great in their costumes!

Amy A. said...

Sooo cute! I wish I was there to see the girls trick-or-treating!!! I didn't dress up this year, which was a bummer but I have been too busy. Send me more pics though!

Anonymous said...

"No, mom. I'm just your son in a Superman costume."
HAHA! I love it!

Your girls look so cute. I'm glad you had (are having) such a good time this Halloween.