
We had a great Thanksgiving up with The Man's family in Utah. It was cold, but no snow. We stayed at Shott & Scawna's new place (and they kept the heat on downstairs for me the whole time - THANKS!). They've made a pretty amazing transformation to Grandma's old house. You'd barely even recognize it on the inside. I'm so impressed. We also had the chance to visit Brett & Mindy's new home in Eagle Mountain. I'm so happy for them; for the house, and for being back in Utah with their families. Eagle Mountain is a great little community. I never realized how huge it was going to end up being. Glenn and Kristen also had a new place for us to come see down at the storage facility that she manages. I love Kristen's ability to decorate a place with pictures. She's made it look wonderful. We were sorry to miss Spencer and Rheina, but want to say congrats on the engagement. We're REALLY looking forward to Hawaii!!! There's no better motivation to lose that baby weight next spring. We also didn't get to see Mike and Danielle, but that was for the best reason of all! They welcomed their newest little family member on Thanksgiving Day! What's up with the two of you and your holiday babies??? Congratulations to your family. We're so happy everyone is home and doing well.
We had dinner at the Sanderson's on Thursday, and then the big family dinner at the church on Friday. And once again, there were more people I didn't recognize. The Man's family is so huge! His dad has nine siblings, and almost everyone was accounted for. When you take his family, add their spouses, their children and their spouses and THEIR children (grandkids), it makes for one serious Thanksgiving dinner. It was great. Thanks to everyone who made our weekend so much fun, and especially for all the offers of dinner and sleeping arrangements. We are so blessed to have such wonderful family. We love you all.
We made it home Sunday night and hit the sack to get ready for another early day. The Man heads out to work by 5:30 most mornings, and Devil Child has now decided she doesn't like to sleep past 6:30. I'm not happy about that. When we left here last Wednesday, we were still in the upper 60's and even lower 70's, so it was a bit of a shock for me to come back and wake up to a house that was only 62 degrees!!! That's right, 62. INSIDE. I didn't think to turn on the heater, since it had been so nice the week before. I tore myself out of my warm bed to gather up the girls and head downstairs for some nice hot chocolate for breakfast. So the heater's on now, the tree is up, and the house is decorated for Christmas. I can't believe it's here already.
For now it's back to the ol' grind; work for The Man, preschool for Miss Priss, and ... um ... everything else that has to be done around here for me and my little helper, Devil Child. What, you think we just sit on our bums all day watching soaps and eating bonbons? Please.
2 comments:
Sounds like you guys had a good time. Wish we could have been here to meet up. Next time!
I want to see a picture of you and your belly. Have Ty take a picture and post it. The last time I saw you pregnant you were pregnant with Maddie. Post one or at least send me one!
We LOVE having you guys stay with us. It's crazy to think that it was 2 1/2 weeks ago. Time flies when you're having fun. Love the picture, whoever took this picture is a great photographer.
Post a Comment