
Somehow we've kept busy, even though I've been pretty sick for a few days. I think this baby is stealing all my antibodies that are trying to fight off this darn cold. What I wouldn't give to be able to take Nyquil or something to help me sleep at night! A few days ago we visited Santa at the mall. We tried to take a family picture there for our Christmas cards, but it came out horrible, so we'll be sending one of just the girls this year. Sorry to everyone who wants to see the whole family (and those who just want a good look at how big I'm getting ;)
Then we went to a small carnival-type party that my sister's community was putting on. It was great. Pony rides, sleigh rides, a train ride, cookie decorating and hot chocolate, face painting, and a rockin' stage for the kids to get up and dance on. They had a blast.
Friday we went to the Live Nativity show that the Las Vegas stake puts on every year. They do such a fantastic job! It's become a tradition of ours since we moved here to attend every year. There are so many people involved in the show, and it's a great way for us to teach our kids about the story of Christ's birth. They have live animals that the kids get to go pet after the show, and everyone always crowds around to visit the baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. During the show this year Miss Priss leaned over to me and whispered, "Why is there another baby Jesus? We already had a Jesus and, he died. I don't think we need another baby Jesus."
Saturday night we went to a little party that our Devil Child's nursery leader invited all her nursery kids and their families to. Her husband dressed up as Santa, and they had lots of goodies and friends to hang out with. It was so nice letting the girls go back again and again to visit with Santa as much as they wanted, instead of being rushed through like we were at the mall. She is the greatest nursery leader ever! She's always sending the kids home with really cute crafts, and she even sends cards and pictures to them in the mail. We're so grateful for a teacher who's willing to spend so much time on these little ones.

Last night we made our gingerbread house. That kit from CostCo is awesome! We spent less than we would have buying all the stuff to make our own, and it actually looks decent enough to display. The girls were eating so much candy that we had to rush to get it on the house before they got it all! They had fun putting it together and getting their fingers covered in frosting. I love that smile on my little Devil Child's face. She NEVER smiles like that for the camera. It must have been the pound of candy she ate before we took the picture.
The month is flying by, and we still have tons to do. We'll be mailing out cards this week, baking treats for neighbors and teachers, and finishing up our shopping. This time of year can be so much fun if we take the time to relax and enjoy all that's going on around us.
4 comments:
The look on Miss Priss's face with Santa is priceless. I can only imagine what Devil Child is telling him. I am sure it is that she has been VERY good!
I have to admit I do want to see you pregnant! I think it's fun. We all know that you get back in shape and look fine afterwards so who cares.
You're right, this season can be so much fun but also so stressful. I am still looking forward to all the holiday fun! That's my favorite, lazy days with family and friends. Your girls are too cute in the pics. Devil Child's face cracked me up in the ginger bread house shot. Miss you!
The girls look like they really are having a ton of fun. This time of year is so much fun for kids. Looks like you guys are a lot farther at having things done for christmas then we are. We hope we can slow down enough to enjoy the holiday.
I love it when you post pic's of the family!
The pictures really are great! What awesome memories you are creating for the girls.
Post a Comment