Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Not a Lot To Do

The girls and I are stuck at home today. The Man had to take my car to work today since our insurance won't pay for a rental anymore. We still haven't found a new car for him after his accident, so now we either have to pay for a rental ourselves, or deal with sharing a car. I forgot what a hassle that can be. We had only one car when we first got married, but right before having Miss Priss we got a second car. Having only one car was a whole lot easier when there were no kids.

Part of me feels like we're stranded with nothing to do. And then the rational part of me says there's a billion things that need to be done today. So I was good and spent the first half of the day cleaning, which was long overdue due to my four terrible-cold-couch-lounging days. There are many other "grown up" chores I should be doing around the house, but decided to spend the afternoon playing with the girls. I don't do that often enough.

We've spent our day playing dress up (yes, I participated), painting fingernails and toenails, reading books, and making beds while dancing to Christmas music. Lunch was followed by naptime for Devil Child and quiet time for Miss Priss so that I could work on my deposition transcript that's due next week (yes, I do still work every once in a blue moon), and then we made popcorn and started watching Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

The Man has no overtime this week, so it's been nice to have him home by 4:30 instead of 6:30. I suppose we'll spend our extra time together hunting for a new vehicle.

So here's a little glimpse of what we look like when we have nowhere to go and "nothing to do."

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Some days it is really nice not to get out, but those days you KNOW you have no source to get out even if you weren't planning it can be annoying. It looks like you made the best of it.
Glen has "accidently" taken both carseats on me before. It's very frustrating because we will get all ready to leave and out to the car and well.....the carseats got lfet in the other car. AHHH!!!
LIFE!
Cute girls. Are you feeling better?

Anonymous said...

How fun! What a mom.

Shawna said...

Well, you may have been carless, but it looks like you made the best of it. Good luck with trying to find a car.

Amy A. said...

I would LOVE to be at your house playing dress up rather than being at work all day. You're lucky! I hope the three of you had a fabulous time......

Did you hear about Julia? How she broke her arm at school, poor thing.

Karen said...

I hate the feeling of being trapped (bad word - but that's how I feel!) without a car. I may not have anywhere to go particularly, but just knowing I CAN'T drives me crazy! Tom suggested that when we are retired we would only need one car - I don't THINK so! Glad you managed to enjoy your day and glad you're feeling better. I knew you were not feeling well one day but didn't know it had lasted longer than that. Take care of yourself!

Karen said...

I missed your last two entries for some reason, so missed a lot of news. Now I know why I didn't know you'd been so sick!

Miguel said...

It took an extravagent whig for me to see Tyler in Emma, but he's there! Maddie's still all you though.

Mindy said...

Love the wigs!