Friday, January 12, 2007

Sandwich or Soup?


The other day I was in the kitchen getting ready to fix lunch for the girls before Miss Priss left for preschool. The usual question "What do you want for lunch today?" was again followed by the usual answer - two blank stares. I swear, for all the meals I prepare around here, can't SOMEONE, just once in a while, throw me a freakin' bone and have a suggestion?!?! All right. I'm okay now.

So I give them the usual choices. "Do you want a sandwich or soup?"

"Can I have both?"

"No, just one or the other."

Miss Priss then tilts her head back with a nice big roll of the eyes and a grunt.

"Hmmph. Fine, then. The other."

I can't help but laugh a little when I ask, "So which is it, a sandwich or soup?"

"I just told you, mom."

"Well, which one is the other?"

Another eye roll. Seriously, when did 4 become the new 14?

Sandwiches it is.

3 comments:

Amy A. said...

Cute! You know what she sounded like to me? Dad. When you would ask him a question that involved selecting an option (not yes or no) and he would say "yes." How frustrating is that????

Anonymous said...

Don't you love all the qualities it takes to be a mother? one of which is mind reading. Very interesting! She sounds like a little 4 year old going on 14. It makes me scared for Bess to grow up!

Anonymous said...

the teenage mantality already! I remember when I was a kid and if you didn't say please, thank you, or answer correctly when asked a question you were beat! J/K
But things really have changed.