Yesterday was Monday, and that meant yet another trip to the doctor's office. Thank heavens this is almost over. These copays are killing us. I do not mean to disregard the fact that we are very grateful for health insurance. Without it, we literally could not afford to have children. It would be like buying a small house to have to pay medical bills on our own. The appointment went great, the baby seems to be doing fine. The doctor seems almost more excited than I am for next week. We are scheduled for the amnio on Monday morning, and then delivery on Tuesday morning.
I've had some pretty serious contractions over the weekend, but I keep telling myself, "If I can just go to bed, and if I'm able to sleep through it, I will be fine. If I CAN'T sleep, then I'll call the hospital." So far I've always been able to sleep okay. When I told my doctor yesterday how painful these contractions have been, and how long they have lasted (some nights they don't stop for four hours or so), he told me he'd be fine if I went into labor on my own now. He said if they get bad again before next Monday, we can call in and come in and have the baby. It seems a little strange to me that he would be okay delivering the baby this early, and BEFORE finding out if his lungs are ready yet. After all, that's all we're waiting for at this point. But, feeling pretty certain I would not be calling the hospital before Monday, I just said okay and left. Only one more appointment left for monitoring on Thursday, and then we'll be ready. I can't wait. I seem to be getting more and more exhausted as the days go on. I know, it's nothing compared to having a newborn and being up all night nursing and such. We're going to have to figure out a better schedule for my two little crazy girls, who find it necessary to be up by 6:30 in the morning demanding breakfast.
Our weather is fantastic now. We're in the mid 70's all week, and have a chance of hitting 80 on Sunday. Yeah for Spring! Today I took the girls to the park. I know I probably shouldn't have, but I could not fathom staying at home on such a beautiful day. They had a blast, of course, and we came home for lunch and naps. All of us. We all laid down on the couch together and took a two-hour nap. It was SOOOO nice!
I sent them out in the backyard to enjoy the last bit of sunshine before the day ends, and I started picking up a few things around the house. As I walked by the door I heard both the girls spitting, and I said, "Hey, I don't like that." Miss Priss just stated, "But mom, we're not spitting at each other, we're just spitting up in the sky."
"I still don't like that."
"But we're not spitting at Jesus or Heavenly Father, either!"
"Good. But I'd still like you to stop spitting."
4 comments:
Yeah! It’s the final count down! I can’t wait to see pictures of the little man. (Will that be his blog name… “Little Man?” After all, he IS the son of “The Man.”)
Spitting at the sky. Ha! What a crack up.
That's a great suggestion. I haven't even considered what I'll call him on the blog. I just might use that!
Just think, you'll be adding another member to the spitting crew in less then a week. How exciting!
I am sooo excited for you! I can't wait for him to come. So it turns out now I AM coming to Vegas. My sister in law who is getting married this summer, invited me to come with her and two of her girlfriends for a girls weekend in Vegas. Years ago I came with the same girls and visited you and Keri. Seems like forever ago! I'll email you with the details!
Post a Comment