I know, I'm a couple days behind, but I have an excuse; right? Easter seemed to come out of nowhere this year, since we were so busy with the Little Man. I had to make a last minute shopping trip for goodies for Easter baskets on Friday. I hate doing things last minute. Saturday morning The Man took the girls to the ward Easter egg hunt. I made sure to send him with the camera so I could see a little of what was going on. Looks like everyone had a great time.


We spent most of the day on Saturday outside in the backyard. The Man did a lot of yardwork, and we finally got started on our garden. It's a little late to be planting now, but we've been told that with the great weather we're having, we'll still get plenty of growth and fruits and veggies out of this season. We don't have a ton of room, but we were able to get in strawberries, tomatoes, carrots, lettuce, spaghetti squash and cucumbers (just a couple plants of each). This is our first garden, so we really don't know what to expect, but I'm just hoping I can keep it all alive. We'll have to wait and see.


Sunday morning was a little tricky, since the Easter bunny usually leaves our baskets out for us to see first thing in the morning. This year, however, he must have realized that our girls would be up before us, and would have devoured the entire contents of each basket before we ever made it out of bed, so he left them in our room instead. When I got up with the baby, I brought the baskets downstairs for everyone to see. We had breakfast; the girls got to pick and eat one piece of candy, and then it was off to the bathtub to get ready for church. I wasn't going to take the baby, so The Man had to go it alone with both the girls. They looked so beautiful in their Easter dresses.

They seem so grown up to me now that we have a new infant in the house. Especially Miss Priss. She is such a good helper. She loves holding her brother for me if I have to take care of something, and she's forever up and down the stairs fetching me something that I've forgotten to bring down. I hardly ever hear a word of complaint. I think it makes her feel important and needed when she's helping out so much. She even helps to take care of Devil Child when she's feeling a little left out and throwing a fit that I'm nursing and can't get to her right away. Devil Child likes to hold him ... for about three seconds before pulling her hands out from under him and announcing, "I'm done!"

After church we did an Easter egg hunt in our own backyard. The eggs were empty, but the girls have such fun collecting them all and then hiding them again and recollecting. It was such a nice day, it was great to be outside.



We had Easter dinner with some friends of ours that invited us to their house. K and E were out of town four-wheeling, and it was nice to spend the holiday with good friends. We watched Happy Feet, which was a gift the Easter Bunny left for the girls, and then it was time to go home and get everyone in bed.
Holidays like Easter are so much fun with little ones in the house, but it's also important to remember why we celebrate this special day. I am so incredibly grateful for the atonement and it's power in my life. The miracle of the resurrection of Jesus Christ has given us all the opportunity to be with our families forever. There is no greater gift we can have. My family means the world to me, and I'm thankful to know that we are not a temporary unit. I love the gospel, I love my Savior for the sacrifice he made for me, and I love my Father in Heaven for granting me my companion, my best friend in the world, and our beautiful children.
I hope you all had a fabulous Easter Sunday, and I wish you all some peaceful, quiet time out of your day to just be grateful for all you've been blessed with.
3 comments:
For being last minute, your Easter sounded a lot better then ours. I love gardens and know yours will do well. Thanks for the pictures, the girls looks so beautiful.
love, Shawna
Happy Easter! Shaq and I had a great one spent with friends of the family here in LA. We missed our family though. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun and the girls look beautiful in their easter dresses....
You precious girl! What a wonderful family you and The Man are making! It's so nice to be a part of it, even though far away!
Post a Comment