(The Man had as much fun - if not more - than the girls did!)
I made some signs for the garden so we can tell which plant is which; but as you can see (or not), the squash and canteloupe didn't make it. :( I'm not quite sure what I did wrong. Not enough water? Too much? Too much sun? Who knows, but I"m thrilled about the tomatoes and strawberries and carrots. They're doing great.
The girls and The Man had a campout last weekend in our backyard. (Another great find from last years' clearance (a four-person tent for just $14!). I had the house to myself -- well, just me and the little man. We stayed inside popping popcorn and baking cookies to bring to the campers. The girls would cheer each time I came out with a new treat or snack. They brought the portable DVD player and watched a movie. And to my great surprise, they lasted all night! I thought for sure someone would be back in the house before sunrise. When they came inside in the morning, we had pancakes for breakfast and The Man took off to play some basketball. What a fun Daddy/Daughter outing!
Miss Priss' preschool class had a Mother's Day Tea Party on Friday for the kids and their moms. It was so much fun to be in the classroom with her. They made gifts for us (hand towels with their handprints on them), drew pictures of us, sang a song for us, and played a game where the kids answered questions about their moms, and we had to guess which mom it was. It was so funny to hear the kids' answers to questions like, "How old is your mom?" Our ages ranged from 4 to 90.
And, as promised, here are a couple pictures of our Little Man. He's growing so fast! At his appointment at 4 weeks old, he had already gained two pounds! What a porker! He is just the cutest little baby ever, and I am so completely in love with him. He's my worst sleeper of all the kids, but that won't last forever. It's hard getting only 3 to 4 hours of sleep each night. His schedule is just turned around. Not to worry, I have a plan to switch it. It's worked for the girls, and it will work for him. I'm determined to make it work for him.
7 comments:
Wow! Looks like you're brining in the summer just right! Everyone looks so happy, healthy, and good. We're jealous of the fun activities, but not of the warm weather. Can't wait to see you all in two weeks!!!
Kim, That looks like so much fun! It sounds like you guys are having a great summer so far. You look great!
I wish that we could be neighbors. I think we would ALL have a blast with one another. The Man and Glen could have fun together on the slip and slide! That is such Glen's type of fun.
The daddy daughter sleep out looked like a blast. Glen and Carter did that last year on our trampoline, this year I think Bess should be included and I can have my house to myself too. NICE!
The little man is so cute! How fun is it to have a boy huh? There is just something about baby boys that makes my heart melt. I don't quite understand it but I really do think they are so funny.
We currently only have tomatoes in our garden. We are trying to decide what else to plant, any ideas?
Again, when are coming to visit???
I love all the pictures - and that baby is GORGEOUS!! oh how I love newborns - I might have to get me another one of those.
Stay cool! That place is a furnace.
You know what I just realized - I don't know any of your kids real names!
Kim, you and your family are truely blessed.
Great pictures! I love the signs in the garden. I SO want a garden, but I don't know if we'll get one in this year. I'm craving fresh-picked tomatoes.
Ages from 4-90, huh? What did Miss Priss say about you? That is too funny! Super cute pictures, The Man is so great with those girls, he reminds me of our dad. It's not always easy for men to bond with girls that way, but our dad did it and so has your hubby!
Post a Comment