Devil Child's favorite primary song is probably the most popular "favorite" of all the primary kids I know. She loves to sing "I Am a Child of God." She sings it throughout her day while playing, while doing chores, and especially when taking care of her baby brother. It's her best way to stop him from crying. He LOVES to listen to her sing, and that is always the song she chooses for him. It's very sweet.
Like a lot of little ones who are learning the words to songs, she often misses a few, or replaces some with what she thinks she's hearing when we sing it to her. So when she sings her favorite song, it goes like this:
I am a childa God
An He has senme here.
Has given me anerthy own
With parents kind of dear.
Lee me, guy me, walk aside me
Hewp me fine da way
Teach me all that I love you
To live a Him someday.
So I'm only kind of dear? Well, I suppose that's true.
2 comments:
Ok, so do your girls ever have messy hair, dirty clothes, grouchy faces? Every picture I see of your kids they are so clean and perfectly put together. I must admit, if we're out of our PJ's by noon I consider it a successful day!
I swear you were lying to me the other day when I was talking to you and you said the little man was crying. I couldn't hear him at all and look at that adoring look he gives his sisters. I bet you could leave them with him all day and he would LOVE it!
Sheesh....stop with your lies. Just kidding! I know what it's like a still have a 2 year old shadow. Just wait till he can crawl and find you.
What a sweet little song and what a great way to remember it! Thanks for sharing!
P.S. good job on bloggin
Post a Comment