Miss Priss said the lunch prayer today, and she asked for something a little out of the ordinary. I believe the request went something like this ...
"And please bless that we don't have to be like the pioneers."
The rest of the prayer was pretty typical. As soon as she finished up, she opened up her eyes, took a big bite of macaroni and cheese, and looked at me as she explained.
"I really don't want to be like the pioneers, mom."
"Why?"
"Because they died with no food. They ate up all the food and when they had none left, they died. It's very sad, huh?"
"Yes, it was very sad."
8 comments:
I'd like to think she got this knowlege from her father's vast and informative "Scenes from the Plains" LittleLDS coloring pages... Alas, there is no page in there that says, "They died of starvation." That would have been a bit morbid. That girl is much smarter than I can take credit for.
How sweet, only in the mouths of babes...
And, I would not have wanted to be a pioneer either (too many reasons to list).
Too funny! Don't you love how they put different things together in their minds and decide that's just the way it must have happened?
Now where's the pictures? I need to see more of you and your kids!
Kids say the most profound things! She is such a sweetheart!
Pioneers didn't have mac & cheese either. We are so blessed!!
Cute story. It is so funny the strange things they pick up on.
Hey guys! That is so funny-I miss Maddie so much, and her stories/theories! I have a photography blog as well. Check it out! www.shereeflickphotography.blogspot.com
Im going to be having a "Cutest Kid" contest soon you should check into!
"Hey Maddie" :)
She is still so stinkin funny! Hey- email me and I can send you an invite to my blog. I check yours often. You're an inspiration. katadean@gmail.com
Post a Comment