... my mother. I remember when I was younger I would ask my mom each year what she wanted for her birthday. She always gave the same answer: "I just want you girls to be nice to each other for a WHOLE day!"
Yeah, right. Pa-lease, mom, no one in their right mind would ask for someone to just be nice, when they could ask for a PRESENT! I thought she was so crazy.
But when my own sweet daughter asked me last week what I wanted for my birthday, without a moment of hesitation I answered, "I just want you and your sister to be kind to each other ALL DAY today."
Total deja vu.
And right then I realized my mom had always been telling the truth.
11 comments:
Hi Tyler! This is Rachel. I was "blog surfing" and came across your blog. You have such a cute family. Stay in touch!
Isn't it funny when we start acting like our parents? I swore I wouldn't. But I always find myself doing them (usually on purpose).
Here. Here. That is definitely the truth. How come we don't ever get our wishes?
Well, your mom seems like a peace seeker, so that's a wonderful thing!
I used to give my mom coupons. A coupon for a 100 kisses. A coupon to do the dishes without complaining. Now THAT's a gift.
Hope you had a Happy Birthday and hope the girls were good for you. How funny!
Hee, hee, hee, have to laugh at that one. My mom asked for the same thing....I too thought she must me lying, amazing the change in perspective having a couple of kids can give you! By the way I have not seen a recient picture of you in forever, POST ONE!
They have made some amazing renovations to our Zoo, lots of new exhibits, new features, and fun shows....however, it is not now, nor will it ever be able to hold up to comparison to San Diego Zoo, but it was definitely worth the $6 bucks it cost us to get in.
Too funny. That totally reminds me of what my mom would have said.
When are you coming?
I am glad you found me!! This is so funny because I swore never ever would I act like my mom but here I am, mom junior. It's not a bad thing though.
My favorite quote from my childhood, "You guys are gonna give me a nervous breakdown." Fortunately I haven't used that one!!! (or if I have I can't remember using it!) Glad you found my blog so I could find yours!! LOVE your family!!! Can't wait for your little man to come to our nursery!!! Sundays rock in there!
It happens to the best of us ;)....(sounding like our mothers that is), I agree though- usually my mom was right. I didn't think so til I became a mother myself, but it's true- mom's do know what they are talking about. CrAzY!!
Post a Comment