Mini Man has finally started his home therapy, where a physical therapist comes to the house to work with him. She is the greatest. She was so friendly right off the bat, and so he was more than happy to "play" with her. She has all these games that the two of them play that are geared toward stretching and loosening up his leg muscles and teaching him to walk. And when she came on Tuesday of last week, my long-awaited momentous occasion occurred. Can I get a drum roll, please?
Mini Man is WALKING!!!! Well, kind of. He took about eight or nine steps with her. Just enough for me to freak out and grab the cameras. And then, of course, it was over. The second he sees those things, he looses focus on ANYTHING else. All he wants is to hold the camera or see the pictures. So I wasn't able to get any footage of his first walk (sob, sob), and my pictures are not that great. But at least it's something.
We will still be visiting a PT in office probably once a month for a while, but I really think he'll be UP and about in no time at all. And I couldn't be more proud.
17 comments:
That's so great! I'm so happy for you guys. He really is a cutie.
Yeah! That's big news. I love it when they start walking. No more filthy hands and knees from crawling outside and on dirty church carpets!
We had a speech therapist coming to our house for a while to work with Bug and he loved her visits. I'm so thankful for services like that.
YAY!!! That is the best news I've heard in a long time. I know you must be elated! Congratulations!!
Yay Mini Man! That is awesome! He is so dang cute!
How exciting! I can't believe how big he's getting. What a cutie!
How exciting is that! Yeah Jackson. I miss you, we need to talk. Call me one of these days when you're down one kid or two.
Seriously, how cute is he? I enlarged the picture of him with his therapist, and you can almost see her whole chest! (don't let Ty see)
I hope your next miniman is as cute as him!
Happy to see he is doing so well! :)
This is wonderful news! You have been so smart to get help for him right away! I've heard it makes all the difference. You're a great mother, wife and daughter-in-law. Love you!
Whoa, Babe, Mandy's right... and true to form, I noticed it BEFORE reading her comment (don't judge... SHE noticed it too). We need to censor your photos before you post them! She's practically falling out! Good land!
GREAT NEWS!! Milestones are AWESOME!!
That is such exciting news! I'm glad he's doing so well!
Tell DC we said hi! Oh and question has your ward had their Primary Program yet? Garrett was wondering...he misses his Sunbeams!
So that explains it! At the beginning of the year, I was looking for Emma's name everywhere! And didn't understand why she wasn't on any list. Im glad she is enjoying pre-school-it is much fun!
I just ADORE Maddie to death! She was one of those kids I would be happy to take home any day! :) Tell her I say "Hi."
Yeah for mini man! He is getting so big! I miss his kisses! Glad things are going good. EW love you guys.
sarah
Hey Kim~ I can't find your email. But I was going to tell you - I have another blog with all of my projects. If you click on my profile it's the blog titled Mommy and Beyond. Well it's the only blog there. Then you can see my crafty pursuits.
How's the pregnancy going?
Post a Comment