Tuesday, January 06, 2009

Merry Christmas to All

The girls are at the perfect age for Christmas. EVERYTHING was exciting and received a high-pitched "Oh, my goodness! I can't believe it!" squeal from DC. Yes, even Ariel panties. Miss Priss has renewed faith that Santa really does exist. How else could she have gotten the snowglobe from M&M world that she totally wanted??? And I should have taken the advice of The Man and stuck with just one or two gifts for Mini Man. One dump truck and he was done ... and in heaven. Unfortunately we spent the morning making sure it was all on video, and so I have no still photos. Oops.

Christmas Eve was great. We spent it with my sister's family over at her place. Tons of food, playing games, and the opening new Christmas jammies.


Our story this year was The Legend of the Candy Cane, a gift from some friends of ours. I love all the great Christmas stories out there that give us the simple reminder of what this season is all about. It never fails that by the end of the story I am teary-eyed, the words are hard to read out loud, and the kids are all asking me why I'm crying. But I love looking up at my husband, sister and brother-in-law afterwards to see that I was not the only one who felt the spirit the story brought.


Christmas Day was nice and relaxing. There were new toys to play with, a new Nintendo DS to play and new games to learn, Easy-Bake Oven cooking to do, Star Wars on the wii, Christmas Eve leftovers, and a nap for mommy. Aahh, perfection.



We stayed home to ring in the new year. I'm not much for partying when I have to waddle around through crowds with this huge belly. The kids went to bed early (no one's able to make it to midnight yet), and we watched a movie and fireworks on tv. Nothing exciting, but just what I wanted this year.

And now tomorrow is the big day! We check into the hospital at 8:30, and hopefully our little guy will be here shortly after. Wish us luck, and pray that the drugs are strong.

P.S. We're still not totally settled on a name. Any good suggestions? We need 'em quick!

6 comments:

Sarah said...

Oh my goodness the kids are so big! Maddy's teeth are gone! So cute! Is your sis prego or is that a pillow on her lap? I can't believe it is tomorrow!? We will have you in our prayers...Sure love ya and we will call you soon!

Unknown said...

We were looking at your blog the other day and saw your countdown clock and couldn't believe it was so soon! I guess we haven't seen you since September! I have to ask how your feet have held up because my mom would bring that up a lot! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to see your new little guy!

Melanie said...

OK, wondering the same thing as "Sarah" is your sis pregnant? Good luck with the delivery, I LOVE delivery day, it's better than Christmas by a thousand! Please post pic's ASAP!

Marina said...

Good luck!
I'll call Courtney and see what I can do for the fam.
Sorry. No name suggestions here.

amylouwhosews said...

I hope everything went well today! Can't wait to see pictures of the little cutie pie!!

Unknown said...

Kim I am so excited for you! So how did it go? How is the baby and how are you doing? I hope you are able to post some pictures soon!
Your Holidays do sound perfect. Glad they were so great.