Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Our Little Celebration


We celebrated the 4th of July with our friends, the "Garmons". After working on the backyard we hit Kohl's, and then went out to dinner. We went over to the Garmon's and watched their neighbors set off fireworks in the street. Poor E was out by the time we got there, so he missed the entire celebration! The girls LOVED the sparklers (or as Miss Priss called them, "sprinklers"), but both touched the top and burned their little fingers. On the way home we discovered that half of our town no longer actually goes to fireworks shows; they all set off their own. There were fireworks going off everywhere we looked.

After coming home we put the girls to bed, and came out to visit with our neighbors, who also had been setting off their own fireworks. I love living on our street. We moved here back in February with five other families from our previous ward. The kids have a blast playing with each other every day, and I love how it reminds me of when I was growing up. We never worried about being kidnapped if we were playing out front or cars running us over or anything. Nowadays we have to be so careful. It's nice to actually know our neighbors. So many people here never even meet their neighbors. I don't know how long we will be here in this house, or even in this city, but I'm sure glad we made the decision to move to this street!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute picture Kim. I am glad you are happy with your decision of moving. We love our street and neighborhood too. I wish there were more kids Carter's age though. Oh well we have good people on our circle and we feel safe too.
Love your blog!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kim! What a great idea! I love reading your blog, it makes me feel a little bit closer to you and your family even though we are so far away and it feels like we never get to see eachother. I can't wait to visit this summer and see the girls! Love and miss you tons - your favorite sis (Amy, duh!)