Friday, July 07, 2006

Who Are We, Anyway?

So I've made some tiny changes to the blog since first starting. The Man was a little leary about our personal info being out in cyberspace for just any pervert to find, so we've taken out our real names and I've given everyone a nickname for the family blog.

First, my husband, The Man. He just is, okay? If you don't belive me, ask his two best friends from high school. They know.

Then there's me, The Woman. No reason, it just goes with The Man. Since we're married, I figure that works. I love being a mom and having my family at the center of my life. They are what keeps me going. I'm doing my best to teach my girls values that will make them each the kind of person I always hoped I'd be.

Our oldest daughter is Miss Priss. If you know her, there's no explanation needed. For those of you who may not know us well, the name is very fitting. She is my little drama queen. LOVES princess stuff, LOVES dress up, and LOVES playing pretend. Ninety percent of her life is spent in some other world that I hope never to actually witness for myself. She's a crack up and keeps us all entertained daily. I'll frequently be sharing "Miss Priss Moments" with you all. I hope you enjoy them as much as we do when they happen -- on second thought, I hope you enjoy them as much as we do when we've had a few weeks to get over being totally ticked off. Whichever it is, I'm sure you'll all get a kick out of her. If only she could control the drama a little and focus her energy, she'd make herself rich somehow. I'm sure of it.

Our youngest daughter is Devil Child. Okay, so that's a little harsh, but she definitely has her moments where she deserves it. Like when we're in church and she decides she doesn't want to sit in the seat anymore; she'd rather run up to the pulpit, so she grabs my face, looks me straight in the eye and shrieks uncontrollably while her face turns red and her head starts vibrating. Scary, I know. But then she's also really sweet. She loves to talk and talk and talk, even though no one can understand a single word. But we all love to watch her talk because she uses her entire body (shakes her hands, nods her head, and jumps up and down) just to converse.

So anyway, that's us; just a normal, typical, crazy family. Trying to survive in this world by finding humor in all things chaotic. Nice to meet you.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay that was a total crack up. Made me laugh. So are you saying their will no longer be pictures attached either? I hope not, that is what makes this blogging fun. Love you!

Anonymous said...

OH I just thought of something else. I have also seen where people use the first initial when referring to their kids and spouses? That is always and idea. Maybe I should do that? Hmmmmmmmm.....