Thursday, February 15, 2007

S.W.A.K.



I hope everyone had a very happy Valentine's Day. Ours was wonderful. Nothing fancy since I'm not really "out and about" right now, plus the girls are sick again so we couldn't really get a babysitter. The girls and I made Valentine cookies for home teaching families (and for us), and we waited until The Man got home to exchange Valentines. He came through the door with two boquets of beautiful tulips (my fav). He gave a flower to each of the girls, and then put the rest in a vase for me. What a guy. We gave the girls a small box of chocolates and silver necklaces with charms that have their initials on them. Miss Priss was thrilled with hers. We told her they were special and only to be worn on Sundays and special occassions, and that didn't go over too well. She wants to wear it all the time.

We frosted the cookies and ate some with their Winnie the Pooh chocolates for dinner. After some soup for dessert, we put our little sickies to bed early, and had a great night alone. Don't worry, no details. I like to keep my posts rated PG, unless you consider such stories as this moving up a notch to PG-13. Sufficeth to say that I have one of the most romantic guys on the planet. Thanks, honey, for such a nice, relaxing, candlelit evening. Oops, did I say no details? Well, get your minds out of the gutter, that's all you're going to get.

As for the news on the baby front, everything is looking great. I've had two appointments where my blood pressure has gone down, and the doctor is feeling more confident about me not delivering for a few more weeks. We've scheduled the birth for March 21st, which puts me at 36 weeks. The baby is growing okay, and it looks like we are on track for pretty close to the same birthweight as our little Devil Child (4 lbs. 12 oz.). I can handle that. I'm still staying at home and resting as much as possible. It's the best way to keep my blood pressure down. Somehow, even with a small baby, I feel like I'm just bursting at the seams. I can't even imagine having an 8, 9 or 10 pound baby. And the thought of twins?!?! Mel and Lora, my heart goes out to you. Hope you're hanging in there, too. How does anyone have room in there for two???

BTW, (that stands for "by the way," according to one of the little girls on our street - I thought they only used that in text messaging and emails, but she actually says it. It's kinda funny.) Anywho, there's been a little mishap with the shower invitations my sister sent out, so some people may not get them in time. The invites are square, and even though she asked if she needed extra postage and was told no, some have been coming back to her in the mail. Not that we're expecting many out-of-towners, but in case you can come, the date is next Friday, February 23rd, 6pm at our house. We'd love to have you, and I apologize if your invitation doesn't make it in time. I think she's just adding more postage and sending them back out, so you'll probably get it eventually.

I'll leave you with a product of my awesome Valentine's gift. That's right, my man got me a new camera! It's awesome, and I'm so happy to have it. I was a bit anxious about not having a camera of our own when the baby came, so I'm very glad he chose it for my gift. Here's a picture of the girls with their new necklaces.


4 comments:

Karen said...

Oh, the girls are looking so grown-up! Beautiful little people! So glad your health is looking up and you're doing well. That's a relief to us all. Take it easy - we love you!

Shawna said...

Well, it sounds like everything was just perfect for your Valentine's Day! And to get the great news about you and the baby is fantastic. I'm so glad you were able to get another camera. The tulips, and the girls look great!

Mindy said...

The flowers are beautiful and so are the girls! Are they getting excited about the baby? I'm glad you're doing better. I wish I could be there to help. I would love to take the girls for you!

Amy A. said...

So cute! I am glad you got another camera. And I can't wait to see little J! Happy Valentine's Day!