Monday, April 30, 2007

It's Ice Cream ... Brilliant!

If you'll recall, it wasn't too long ago when Miss Priss surprised us by preparing a breakfast of frozen waffles all by herself. Now it seems that if I haven't left something out for the girls to eat in the morning (sometimes I leave a couple baggies of cereal for them to snack on until I get my butt out of bed), I'll come down to find that these two have managed to raid the refrigerator and pantry in search of their own "breakfast."

That's exactly what happened the other morning when I dragged myself into the kitchen, eyes only half open. There she was, sitting at the kitchen table, eating a waffle.

"Looks like you're really enjoying that waffle, Miss Priss."

"I am." Big smile.

"Wait a minute. What's on your waffle?"

"Ice cream."

"Ice cream?"

"Yeah. I just thought, 'What if I try some ice cream on my waffle? I wonder if it's good.' And so I just got some ice cream, and guess what, mom, it is!"

Silence.

"It really is, mom."

"Yeah, I'll bet it is."

7 comments:

TYEDART said...

That's my girl! She's a Harmon through and through!

Shawna said...

Sounds like a nice breakfast to me!! Yummy.

Mindy said...

Smart girl!

Unknown said...

Hmm, I'm gonna have to try that.

Amy A. said...

Ice cream for breakfast - she sounds like Aunt Kelly! Only Kelly wouldn't bother with the waffle...too nutritous for her!

Anonymous said...

Miss Priss would fit in nice at our house, except it would be just her and I eating the ice cream for breakfast. I am a picky eater....not that I really look like it but I am.
So I need to see new pictures of the baby. You know how they change so quickly. Put some up when you have a quick second.
When are you guys coming for a visit, or in Ty's dreams moving BACK??

amylouwhosews said...

I love ice cream on waffles - whip cream and strawberries is good too! I finally posted the 4 things about me thing! sorry it took so long!