Friday, September 28, 2007

The Best Present

The other day while the girls were eating breakfast, I sat down with Mini Man to play. I started talking to him in that silly, high-pitched voice we all use with our babies, and he sat there giggling and laughing at me. But Miss Priss did not like it at all when I looked at him and said, "Mama loves her little baby!"

She looked over and said, "Mom, he's not just your baby. He's my baby, too. And he's my sister's baby, too."

And Devil Child got this sweet look of surprise mixed with confusion. Then she asked, "Mom? He's my baby, too? Did I got him for my birthday?"

If only it were that easy, babe.


And since you didn't believe me that he cries, Kendi, this one's for you. ;)

10 comments:

Shawna said...

Oh, what sweet photos. I can totally see your girls saying that. How cut!!

Shawna said...

CUTE!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my and real tears! Wow, now that's sad. I believe you I believe you!
How cute is he! I am so glad that posted some really good face pictures of him so I could see what he was starting to look like. He seems like a good combo between both girls, I mean in a masculant way.....I don't want to offend daddy or anything!
Love ya and thanks for setting your story straight!
CALL ME!!!! It's your turn!

amylouwhosews said...

he is cute - even through the scrunchy tear-stained face!

Unknown said...

He is so cute! hahaha Great pictures.

kam said...

he is adorable! Is it wrong that my favorite picture is the "meltdown"??? ;)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you put some pictures on of him. I haven't seen him since the blessing and I was wondering what he looked like. I must say, I love the slideshow!!! I get on sometimes just to hear that song.

Mindy said...

SOOOOOOOO cute!

Tara said...

Kim - It's Tara Maxfield...thanks for dropping me a line on my blog. I didn't know you had one too!

I grew up in the North Stake so we have known the Shield's family for a long time. Trisha's aunt who is throwing the shower asked me to do her invites. I have done other stuff for their family and it is a hobby of mine.

Unknown said...

Hey Kim! I'm so glad you found my blog! I'm so ready for the wedding now that all the stressful stuff is out of the way now its all the fun stuff coming up bridal shower, presents, wearing my dress, more presents, honeymoon! I'm so excited to be in your ward too I'm really looking forward to it!