Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Can You Say SPOILED?!?!?

"Mom, remember on your birthday when we did breakfast in bed?"

"Yep, I sure do."

"How come I don't have breakfast in bed? I ALWAYS wanted breakfast in bed, and I NEVER had it. You have never done breakfast in bed for us."

"Well, you're always OUT of bed before I get up. How can I do breakfast in bed if you're not IN bed???"

This conversation happened about a week ago. I'm sure you can guess what happened the next morning. I woke up and heard Mini Man making a ruckus in his crib, but nothing heard else. Usually the girls are playing in the playroom or banging on my door for breakfast. Nothing. As I walked down the hall, though, I could certainly hear their voices. They were awake, all right, but didn't dare get out of bed. Apparently they weren't about to give me another reason to get away with no breakfast in bed. No sooner than I rounded the corner, they began shouting their request to be served. Lucky for them I woke up in a good mood.










On a side note, this morning while lying on the couch, I noticed Mini Man had a runny nose. He's teething. So I asked Miss Priss to run to the bathroom for a tissue. She returned momentarily and handed over the tissue, but not without asking, "Mom, why are you acting like a princess?" Huh? Yeah, cuz everything about me in the morning just screams royalty. She then proceeded to tell me that being a princess means you don't do anything and that you make everyone else do everything for you. "So you're acting like a princess."

Well, I DID tell my mother once that I could not wait to have kids so that I could have my own slaves just like she did.

5 comments:

Michelle Arnett said...

Kim, your kids have got to say the funniest things in the world. I love them and you for sharing them and getting a laugh out of me!

Unknown said...

Hahahaha! Your kids really are characters! It's good that you are getting this stuff down for historical purposes. "Breakfast in bed" - that was one of the coupons I made my mom for christmas when I was little. Along with "100 kisses" and "I won't cry when it's time for bed."

Anonymous said...

What a great mom! I'm not much of a breakfast person so breakfast in bed wouldn't thrill me but I wouldn't mind dinner in bed!

Cute girls! and I love the princess comment.

Maxmomma said...

So cute! It is fun to have a minute to read blogs again. Your kids say and do the greatest things! I love that you post them. I hope there is a way to print your blogs so you can keep these as a journal for them. THey would love that when they grow up. We miss you guys! Any trips out planned soon?

Shawna said...

You really are the best mom in the whole world!