Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Happy, Happy, Happy!

Father's Day weekend is always a big one in our house because we have three major celebrations. The Man's birthday, Father's Day, and our anniversary are always within three days of each other. This year his birthday fell on Father's Day. I'm always afraid he's going to feel jipped, so we didn't celebrate them together. Saturday we had his birthday party (just us, which was nice for a change), and I let him do whatever he wanted all day long. Sufficeth to say that he and his beloved X-box did some major bonding. No complaints, though. It washis birthday. And he hasn't ever spent that much time on video games ... except when Oak and Rob come into town.

The birthday boy got to pick whatever he wanted for dinner. No one will be surprised to know that we had pizza and soda (which is a rarity in our house -- the soda, not the pizza) ... no salad allowed. We sang Happy Birthday to him and his big bowl of ice cream with candles. He's not a big cake fan, but the man could literally survive on ice cream. Then he opened his presents ...

A pack of soda from his Little Man (that he doesn't have to share!)

A new hat from DC









Season 2 of The Office from Miss Priss (we're working backwards, I guess, since he got Season 3 for Christmas)











The girls made him a special birthday card

We also gave him a new watch, since he believes a man can never have too many nice watches, and a few other random gifts he was in need of.

Then on Sunday the girls and I made him breakfast in bed, and we all snuggled in together while he opened more gifts. New clothes, car window shades, and the biggie ... his new grill. His love for this thing comes second only to me and the kids. Thank heavens his priorities are in the right place. ;)


Tuesday was our night. Nothing too fancy (we want to do something big for our 10-year anniversary). We got a babysitter, went out to a nice restaurant, and then went out for a night on the town. It was so much fun just being together.

I won't get all mushy again, since I did it all weekend, but I will say thanks, Honey, for 8 wonderful years. Marrying you was the best decision I ever made. I hope your weekend was fun and memorable. We all love you very much.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

You have such a beautiful family Kim. Love the pictures. What a fun weekend.

Marina said...

What a busy time! Wow! So, what's up to be cooked on the grill first? Tell The Man we'll be over to make sure he properly breaks it in. ;0)

BTW, I haven't made the phone calls yet...sorry.

kam said...

ohhh sweetness!! You guys are an adorable family. It looks like you had a great time.

Vicki said...

Happy Father's day, Birthday and anniversary!! Sounds like you had a good time.

Sylvia and Craig said...

Whatever he wanted all day--that is the perfect gift for a guy! Sounds like some fun celebrations, and kudos to you for keeping them all separate-each one is important, and only once a year! Where's the picture of the ice cream with candles?

Miguel said...

Will you tell Dill how great it was to let allow your husband to play xbox all day on his day? She needs reinforcement. Okay, I need reinforcement!

Maxmomma said...

Sounds like an amazing weekend! Are you totally exhausted? The planner is always the one with the biggest list of to do's. Great work! Also- we are so thrilled to hear how well it went with the doctors for the little man. CONGRATS! You and the man make a great pair.

Mandy said...

My birthday, Mother's Day and Anniversary all fall within the same month. I feel jaded because Jason always combines everything. (unless it's something big, then I forgive him!) Good for you for making it all individually important!

I read your blog (I actually have it linked on mine) because I like to see what my old friends are up to. I love your blog. I am so glad to hear about the baby. He was in my prayers. Sorry I have only been a blog stalker up till now. I'll comment more in the future.

Mandy said...

Hey Kim, do you have an email address so that I can email without having to post for EVERYONE to read?