Thursday, July 17, 2008

32 Things I love

I’m commandeering "The Woman’s" blog for today.

I have an announcement to make, and because she would never do it herself (and who could blamer her?), I’ll just say it for her...

Today is "The Woman’s" birthday!!!


(This picture was taken at a surprise B-day party I threw for "The Woman" in our singles ward way back in '99; an entire year before we were married!)

Now, of course I won’t tell you how old she is today – mainly because I’m not exactly sure at what age that becomes taboo – but I will tell you thirty-two things that I love about her!

1- I love how patient she is (being married to me requires a lot of this).
2- I love that she loves my boisterous family, and that they all love her.
3- I love that we share the same eternal goals.
4- I love that she appreciates romance.
5- I love her tiny hands.
6- I love that she lives her testimony, even when it’s not convenient.
7- I love her bum (I’ll probably get in trouble for that one, but its true).
8- I love her dedication to our kids’ development.
9- I love her attention to detail.
10- I love her laugh…especially when she’s not expecting to laugh.
11- I love when she’s in the mood to wrestle with me.
12- I love her cooking. Mmmmm…. Homemade pizza & cookies…aaahhhh……
13- I love her ability to recognize blessings & her sense of gratitude for them.
14- I love that she plays the guitar.
15- I love that she’s frugal. I’m sure that’s because I’m so…well, cheap.
16- I love when she sits close to me (I’m stinky, so that’s really something).
17- I love it when she reaches for my hand to hold.
18- I love that she can sleep through my thunderous snoring.
19- I love that she fought to get me back in the beginning.
20- I love that she loves flowers (not all women do apparently…weird).
21- I love that she hopes for my success.
22- I love hearing her sing (& make up words to songs she THINKS she knows).
23- I love it when I can see her in my kids’ expressions and mannerisms.
24- I love how compassionate she is to those who suffer around her.
25- I love her willingness & eagerness to forgive (again, I require a lot of this).
26- I love seeing her all dressed up for special occasions.
27- I love that she listens to my many (and often improbable) ideas.
28- I love that we’re both the 4th born, and each in large families.
29- I love her handwriting.
30- I love watching her dance, regardless of the setting.
31- I love that when she’s cold, she looks for ME to make her warm.
32- I love that I can tell her anything.

Of course, there are many more things I love about her too, but this amount seems just right for today. How about you? What do you love most about "The Woman?"

Happy Birthday Babe!

- The Man

21 comments:

Shawna said...

I love a lot of things about Kim! I love that she is an amazing example of what a great mom should be and is. I love being with her! I love talking and laughing with her. I could write 32+ about her, she's that amazing! Happy Birthday Kim. I love ya!

Stephens Family said...

that is really sweet, it makes me wonder if brandon could list 32 things he loves about me if he had to...:)

Anonymous said...

you guys are amazing, what a brilliant way to say happy birthday to "the woman".... my favorite thing about her is how she joins right in with all of us when we're hanging out in Vegas, she just fits (not an easy thing to do with this group). You're awesome Kim, Happy B-day!

Keri said...

I love that we have the same laugh. When we're both laughing, you can't tell which one of us it is. I love you, Kim! Happy birthday.

Glennard said...

Happy Birthday to "The Woman" - You look as great as the day we embraced you into the family!! Some of the things I love about you are how supportive you have always been about The Man, you have always been so open and comfortable during our visits, and you're a great mother! Happy Birthday!

Amy A. said...

There are millions of things I love about my big sis. I love my childhood memories of growing up with her (most of the time-haha!) especially when I was young and she would tell people that I was her favorite sibling. I don't know if she remembers that, but it always made me feel very special. Happy Birthday!

Melanie said...

I actually remembered your birthday this year. So sweet of your husband to do this. I love that you always made me have fun...wether I wanted to or not. Happy Birthday, I hope you have a great day!

Vicki said...

I have a few things I love about her too (not 32). I love how funny her blog is, it's my favorite one to read! I love how friendly she is and how she loves to play games (I miss that). I love how easy she is to talk to (miss that too) and I love her personality.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY WOMAN!!

Anonymous said...

I love that she can take any horrible or disasterous experience with her kids and turn it into a hilarious story. We always made fun of Kim because she used to like to tell stories growing up, but they never had any point to them. I think she finally found her inspiration! I love you, Kim! Happy Birthday!

Michelle Arnett said...

I especially looove her laugh. It's so contagious and fills anyone's heart. I am so grateful for her friendship and how loyal, thoughtful and loving she is. I love that she has thought about me everyday for the last 2 years. I love the Woman's big booty too; Finally, someone to join my club! Last but not least, I love everything about the woman!

Anonymous said...

Happy Happy Birthday Kim! I am so sad that we aren't there to celebrate it with you! Dang it! We miss you guys like crazy, hope you have a great day! Ty-Shook, nice work.

Anonymous said...

I love all those too, I also love watching steam shoot out her ears as we spank their trash at playing sequence!

Unknown said...

Ty, you've always had a way of bringing a tear to my eye....

Congratulations Kim on turning 29 today! 30 is just around the corner! :)

See you guys soon. Owie.

Tashina said...

That was beautiful! What I love about her is that you don't even have to know her well to know that she is a friend.

Anonymous said...

Holy Crap! I almost missed out, I had to add my 2 cents... I sure appreciate what a great hostess you are (and I'm not calling you a cake) we all feel right at home when we visit! Happy Birthday Sis, I hope you had a great day! -#1

Marina said...

What I love about you?...Your caring attitude for others, your sensitivity to the Spirit, and your quick reaction to give service and offer support.

HAPPY B-DAY!!!

Eve's daughter said...

Kim- you have an amazing ability to make people feel comfortable in your home (despite your awkward husband- j/k!) Thanks again for hosting us in April- you guys are great!

-The Ingrahams

Mandy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mandy said...

Happy Late Birthday! I hope Ty bought you something VERY NICE!

Unknown said...

I hope you had a wonderful birthday Kim! This post was VERY sweet. What a great guy the man is.
I don't know you extremely well or personally but I wanted to say something nice too. You are very kind, supportive, and fun in the blog world! So thanks!

kam said...

While this post is positively AWESOME...I could have SWORN there was only like 25 things to love about the Woman...I never in a million years would have guessed there were "32" things to love about her. I stand corrected :) I love her hilarious sense of humor and how friendly she is to EVERYONE. Heck, I am not even family and she made me feel like I was- when we all went to dinner a few months back. Woman- you are AWESOME and I hope your birthday was too!!! By the way- "the man" is amazingly creative!!!