In just a few short weeks, my girls have learned two complete songs and the sign language for I Love to See the Temple. What a blessing this simple cd has been for me lately. It brings such a sweet spirit into our (sometimes) hectic home. It has truly helped me to have a happy attitude and a more gentle way with my kids. That is not to say that I am now a perfected parent. I still have my moments (like yesterday when I braved church on my own with all three kids), but I find it pretty difficult to yell at them while we are all hearing If the Savior Stood Beside Me. I especially love that after the songs are over, the music plays again with no words. It's wonderful to hear my girls' beautiful voices singing these songs with no help ... even if the words aren't always correct.
So I'm sending my gazillion thanks to Tara, Tani, Tashina, and Amy for blessing my home with this sweet gift, and for all you do for my two girls, who I cherish and love with all that is in me. You'll never know what a great work you are doing. We love you tons and tons.
6 comments:
ummm....hello, when did you get a piano? Do you play? does The Man?That is like my dream. I want to start teaching Carter like now but it makes it almost impossible without one.
We also love to listen to our CD, but to be honest we mostly just turn it on on Sundays. I really should start putting it on first thing in the morning when I am still grouchy! my poor kids!
I too love the CD! My kids listen to it as they go to sleep, and I know they are learning the songs better.
That is a thoughtful post! Gosh, I should start being more thankful. We got a cd this year as well -thanks to my 2nd counselor who worked her tail off! Thanks for the motivation to say thank you! Cute picture by the way! Your girls are growing up....
Its so fun to see your little sunbeam hear a primary song she knows. She comes over to me and gets all excited saying I know this one!
TRISHA!!! So sorry to have forgotten to thank you and Garrett. You two have THE hardest job of all! I don't know how you do it with all those sunbeams. And somehow you manage to keep that beautiful smile on your face! I really admire that. Thank you, thank you, thank you for being there for her each week. She loves you!
Thanks Kim! Glad to know those CD's didn't get lost under the seat in the car on the way home from church. =)
I love hearing the children sing primary songs because the Spirit is so strong and their little testimonies shine through. Your girls are dolls and a pleasure to have in primary. Yes, I am even talking about Emma...I just really like her. She always tells me she likes me hair, my dress, my necklace! Who doesn't like to get all her compliments!
Post a Comment